• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 steering box wanted. Norfolk or near

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard at n2 engineering may have 1 on the shelf, if not he normally rebuilds them quickly.
We ve had 2 off him(different cars!!)

Hi, I’m waiting for the mechanic to get back to me. He’s going to assess the worn parts and see if he can rebuild it.
He’s also going to fit power steering. 😶

jollatine said:
Hi, I’m waiting for the mechanic to get back to me. He’s going to assess the worn parts and see if he can rebuild it.
He’s also going to fit power steering. 😶

i have an excellent RHD steering box if youre not sorted

Hi David. I’ll contact the mechanic today and see what the situation is. I got this from him only on Tuesday:
“ The dreaded steering box is off. Im. Gonna have a tinker with it and see what can be done ”
Thanks for letting me know

jollatine said:
Hi David. I’ll contact the mechanic today and see what the situation is. I got this from him only on Tuesday:
“ The dreaded steering box is off. Im. Gonna have a tinker with it and see what can be done ”
Thanks for letting me know

okey dokey, see how it goes :eek:

So, finally, the jury is on the steering box being dead:
Mechanic
Hello mate.. Been on the van today unfortunately the box is in terrible condition. There's pieces of metal loose inside and there's a shard edge on the worm gear indicating its heavily worn

Theres 2 numbers on the box 214415105F and NR 214415049F

Can anyone help me with a recon, right hand drive steering box. Van is 1971

I have a working one, not reconditioned...(I think)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=80159

PM me if interested

I paid £300 for it, would be looking for same, but I'd take it back for full refund if it didn't fit...
(It's on Ebay starting at £300. This offer expires if someone bids on it)

I'm not near Norfolk but shouldn't cost that much to courier (Surrey)

Latest posts