• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Weber 40 idfs and CSP manifolds /vintage speed / off road tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
Hi I have a pair of weber (genuine/bought direct from webcon ) 40 idfs on CSP 40 IDF Manifolds , also including short trumpets.

were on my 1776 approx 3 years old , 115mains , can supply 55 or 52.5 idles

Perfect used condition
would prefer collection ( Guildford /ashford Middx / Crawley /blackpool possibly ) can post ,but not sure on postage cost .

£ 425.

vintage speed exhaust and flanged J tubes .£250

BFG All terrain 195x75xR14 on 5x112 vw bay steels £150 (5 wheels 4 tyres) 8mm+ tread depth ( SOLD )

I am in need of an exhaust, pretty sure it will be a vintage speed one (need to source bits for a 1776) though I've not had chance to research much yet.
I want to keep heat exchangers and have seen the big bore set on Heritage... Big Bore Heat Exchangers
Not sure if I would need anything else or if the big bore exchangers and this/a vintage speed exhaust is the best way to go? If anyone would like to give me a bit of an education that would be much appreciated! The 1776 will have twin Weber IDF 40's on if that makes a big difference.

Hi
Those 1 5/8ths Exchangers I would say are a little big for a 1776 , I run a 42mm exhaust with a cone reducer in my 2180.but im low rev more torque
id ask in the technical section and see , let them know your cam choice / heads etc .

Chico

I love the BF Goodrich wheels 👍 how much higher did it raise the bus by? I would like to go down this route but need it to still fir in the garage....

Hi
BFG's are essentially stock height 195 x 75 x14 vs original 185 82 14 ( closest to 185r14),
obviously if your bus has been lowered in the past your going to struggle .but at stock height everything is fine even on full lock .
Tyres can be spun so you have White wall lettering one side or plane black the other side .

Chico

you still got the vintage speed ? have you all the hard wear to fit a standard engine and heat exchanges cheers

Any links on where to buy the BFG’s or are they now no longer made? Can only find 215/75/15’s

Latest posts