• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - indicator Stalk for a 71 bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggylee

Reaction score
Looking for a indicator stalk , chrome for a US bus if anyone has one...........

cheers

I've got a 5 wire and 2x8s, one of which has been cut short and also needs some soldering.

I'm about to go away for a few days but if you're interested I can do some pics when I get back.

This maybe a daft question, but I am thinking my indicator may be knackered. Should the indicator have an auto-cancel? Mine never has, I've had it 18 years and never questioned it as I presumed they didn't back in 1971. Anyway, the indicator rotates as I use it (especially when I cancel it) and in my investigations I gather that they may have had auto-cancel. So I am in the position that if it should cancel I will replace the lot, if it doesn't I'll try and stop the rotating issue (just tightening it up only works temporarily). Thanks,

It should auto cancel.

I'd do a search as I seem to remember that sometimes there's an easy fix.
If you don't find anything then post something in the technical section.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've put up with it for 18 years thinking it was normal! Doh!!

The indicator should self-cancel when the steering wheel is straightened. Make sure the indicator housing is secure, and the gap between the wheel and indicator housing is 2mm.
Butty sell replacement housing screws if you need new ones, and a wrap of insulation tape around the column before fitting is an easy fix to stop the housing moving.

Thanks - I took a look at the gap - it's 18mm and I can see that the plastic tab is miles away from the metal tab on the steering column. I can see now that it should work, and at least it won't have worn over the past 18 years! Is it just a case of moving the indicator housing up the steering column? Thanks again.

Waspman said:
Thanks - I took a look at the gap - it's 18mm and I can see that the plastic tab is miles away from the metal tab on the steering column. I can see now that it should work, and at least it won't have worn over the past 18 years! Is it just a case of moving the indicator housing up the steering column? Thanks again.

Yes

But be sure the cancel ring is on the right side......

I'm feeling quite smug...after so many years I have a fully working indicator. It's wonderful to be able to switch them on with a gentle nudge rather than having to haul it into position!

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

chad said:
I've got a 5 wire and 2x8s, one of which has been cut short and also needs some soldering.

I'm about to go away for a few days but if you're interested I can do some pics when I get back.

Hi sounds good. If you can send some pics to see which one will work. Cheers

chad said:

Hello Chad, do you still have an 8 wire indicator switch available?

Cheers

Latest posts