• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

AS 41 1600 twin port Mexican

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
I got this AS 41 1600 twin port Mexican engine a few years back and ran it in my bus until it nipped up due to low oil pressure. I shoved it under the bench and forgot about it and then decided to take a look at getting it running. I forgot what had happened to it, it had nipped up the main journal but unfortunately it dragged the locating dowel at 45 degrees, I should have checked oil pressure and fitted a new pump aaargh! Strangely the crank is standard and not been bored, Oh well!

Anyway I think I shall just sell the bits to whoever may be interested, the twin port heads are great, then there's the valve assemblies all good and the other bits and bobs that maybe of interest. I guess anyone who is good at welding alloy could have a go at relocating the dowel but I don't think I can be arsed :D

Would you consider selling separately?
Could be interested in the heads and flywheel if you are.
Also where are you located?

Latest posts