• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, ignition assembly

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi gang,
I`ve managed to bugger up my ignition / steering lock assembly whilst trying to bodge a new lock barrell into the mix. 1970 early bay housing part no 211 905 887 A , alloy stay possibly, and ignition barrel and keys. I will most likely want it posting to Bristol, TA :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ozzie3dog.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SO???? What ya got :mrgreen:

I've got the housing, 887A, and the ignition barrel and keys, the latter being NOS.
By the ignition barrel you mean the part the ignition key is inserted in?

Needless to say they weren't cheap and you can have them at what they cost me, which I'll check over the next few days.
I can put them to one side to give someone else the chance to come up with a better deal in the meantime if you want.

Postage will not be a problem.

Hiya Chad, Iv`e got an ignition barrel and keys that are brand new but are from GFS , which I was trying to fit into mine which is how I buggered the housing (887 A) and I`ve managed to put a hole in the black metal housing / column stay to boot.
I need the housing (887 A) and the other two would be great but not important, so see what you can come up with. At the moment, I have a screwdriver enhanced ignition with a padlock and chain steering lock,,, looks rather funky too :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,It`ll be fun they said :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

I've just had a proper look - it looks like it's missing what I think is the rectangular bar that locks the steering.

I've done some pics but can't load them on here. If you PM me your email I'll send them to you.