• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, dash bulb holders.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorted thanks to Ron, Cheers bud :mrgreen:

Due to the fact that I have exceptionally fat chubby fingers, and things dematerialise into the mist at about twelve to eighteen inches working distance :? Plus these haven’t been unsettled for somewhere approaching the fifty year mark, I seem to have a need for three or four dash bulb holders. Longer wires might have helped tooo :roll: Your help would be most appreciated here, plus LEDs, anyone got any? Rich Spraggon gave me some and I thought they looked a bit delicate so I put them away somewhere safe. They are so so safe that I haven’t been able to locate them during four weeks of searching. :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I’ll find them ,,, only,,,, when I’ve fitted other ones :mrgreen:

wait while u r a bit older + u can't feel what u trying to hold never mind see it ....🤓
I feel your pain ....😧

Westi57 said:
wait while u r a bit older + u can't feel what u trying to hold never mind see it ....🤓
I feel your pain ....😧

We’re in the same boat i reckons, my skin is so mank now that I have to have little gloves for protection which is just great, I also have carpel tunnel problems on my right hand pinky and that bends said pinky in, same on me left hand but this one is next to my pinky and it’s got a diagonal mank too it just to be different. The sum total is I have the delicate finesse of an axe murderer helped massively by the loss of depth perception caused by working on the fringes of my blindness/ eyesight with stuff that the best surgeons would have that sharp intake of breath across their teeth for added drama. :roll:
Well as I get older at least I won’t be able to see what I’ve managed to funk up completely :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,This wasn’t in the ad for old age you know! :mrgreen:

Got plenty mate...you want to collect or shall I post.....

Ron

Ron said:
Got plenty mate...you want to collect or shall I post.....

Ron

Post please Ron, I’ll have four please and little spades if you got them too, to save me creeping round my mate. Do you have leds for these ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, post please :mrgreen:

No leds...I'll send you a few so you have spares, when you say spades do you mean the little buggers......little little ...
Your address...
Once posted and I know the cost, I'll just take postage...OK

Ron

Ron said:
No leds...I'll send you a few so you have spares, when you say spades do you mean the little buggers......little little ...
Your address...
Once posted and I know the cost, I'll just take postage...OK

Ron

LOL.. tiny little and also fragile too :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,cheers big time Ron :mrgreen:

The biggest problem is lying on your back, on a floor that puts your backside somewhere between the driver’s seat and outside the door, staring into spaghetti junction wondering how to reattach the green headlight indicator spade into that tiny housing. You’ve got pedals, handbrake, gearshift and steering column pressed into parts of your body you forgot existed. A torch in your mouth, and an expletive on your lips. And to top it all......fingers that can set up nurse complicated technical stuff, but leaves you dry when you handle little adjustments from a different angle. Joys of ownership! And don’t talk to me about breaking down in the dark, on a country road with a 40 year plus old spade junction under the dash playing up on the main red ignition wire that resulted in shutting down the whole engine! Shaking fingers and panic ain’t a great mix.

graysummers said:
The biggest problem is lying on your back, on a floor that puts your backside somewhere between the driver’s seat and outside the door, staring into spaghetti junction wondering how to reattach the green headlight indicator spade into that tiny housing. You’ve got pedals, handbrake, gearshift and steering column pressed into parts of your body you forgot existed. A torch in your mouth, and an expletive on your lips. And to top it all......fingers that can set up nurse complicated technical stuff, but leaves you dry when you handle little adjustments from a different angle. Joys of ownership! And don’t talk to me about breaking down in the dark, on a country road with a 40 year plus old spade junction under the dash playing up on the main red ignition wire that resulted in shutting down the whole engine! Shaking fingers and panic ain’t a great mix.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,nice little chuckle in the morning :mrgreen:

Latest posts