• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gearbox 6rib price cut SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin

Reaction score
Gearbox 6rib for sale
Was fitted to type 4 2lt motor
Some modifications needed to fit to a type 1
REDUCED to £600ono
£650 cash or bank transfer preferred
Can easily wrap it & strap it to a small pallet for shipping
Or can deliver/ meet up
I'm SE London / north Kent
b1432b1abe996c47a260be54e44975fb.jpg
94a8922aaaa9a2e8a8d302c726af9815.jpg
a3afe8c65fa538a5c866512de7258de4.jpg
e9682dd553c511f0115e347ac7510bfc.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Just done this conversion on mine. As standard, the gearbox can go straight in, just needs the input shaft shortening (can’t remember how much needs removing off the top of my head). Then the front mount bolt holes need extending my a minimum of 8mm (as the gearbox is longer than a 002). Finally, you need to shorten the gear shift rod by however much the gearbox is pushed forwards by on the front mount. Oh, and you’ll have to run a 091 starter if you don’t swap the bell housing, but if you do this, it changes the overall length again, so my measurements quoted above would need to be tweaked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks Moseley/Davydomes for the fitting info, I have a 091 starter that I'll get tested & will include with the box

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What state is the gearbox in, does it shift through all four gears without issues? Any whining from the box or popping out of gear?

Thanks,

Adrian

It came out of a bus that had no issues, I was buying the engine also but that went to someone needing to get their bus back on the road. I'll pm my number if you want to chat about it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Latest posts