• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted 68 Wiper Blades

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got anyone got any wiper blades which will fit some 68 wper arms? They have just a straight end on them with a dimple.

Thanks, Mike

There was a thread on here about a year or so ago where VWEd said which Halfords ones fitted.

Thanks - i found it, but it was another poster in the thread who said halfords fitted some but they didn`t know which. I suspect they had some non 68 wiper arms fitted maybe and got away with some standard blades. i went to my local motor factors but they had nothing which would fit :-(

Or maybe i`m mistaken and all bays had wiper arms with the same straight end on them?

There was something, somewhere which said which halfords ones fitted a 68.

I can't find it but I think that I have a pair, which are under my eldest's bed (these parts get everywhere), and will look once he gets up.

Failing that a PM to VWEd might be useful, he's very helpful.

Sorry I've been an idiot.

I was thinking about the wiper blade rubbers.

If it is the metal part you're talking about I've got a spare pair.

I've just been to check.

I bought 2 pairs a few years ago, that were sold as 68, from a well-known supplier to use as spares.

I never really checked them but now I look they're 68/9 not 67/8 so they're wider than the proper ones.

I've tried them on a 67/8 arm I have spare and they move vertically on the arm, I think that they're 7mm wide as opposed to the later 9mm.

I suggest that you ask VWed as he's the guru.

Sorry to be droning on but I didn't read your original email properly.

All the 67/8 arms I've seen, including the ones that I have, are 'hook-ended' not 'dimple'.

Is it a US import?

Hi - sorry missed your reply. Its a 68 model bay imported from sweden - think it was built may 68

i looked on the samba classifieds to see what they look like. Most appear to have the hooked ends, although i found an ad which had wiper arms with straight ends and it also had the blades too.

Mine are like these (althogh i`m missing the blades!)

To be honest, i`d just take anything at the mo - does anyone know if later bay wiper arms and blades will fit onto a 68? All the vw sellers seems to list them as 68-79 model?

Messaged vwed, but i think he must be away as he`s not picked up the pm yet

wiper.jpg

Unfortunately the spindles are different for the 67/8 model year.

I seem to remember that the 67/8 blades are something like 7mm wide and the 68/9 onwards are 9mm wide.
I've tried to get some adaptors but failed to do so.

I've got some supposedly 67/8 blades, for hooked arms, on order. When they arrive I'll check them and if they are correct I'll see if they do them for dimple ends. They should arrive early this week.

Thanks I'll check mine to see the width of them.

Frustrating thing is I obviously had the blades as I motd it a few months ago but removed them to do some paint work round there.

Will have another good look round the garage today but I have a feeling the accidentally got binned! :-(

Today i was passing halfords and thought i`d pop in and see what had listed - checked the details they had and it led me to W03 wiper blades.

being a bit suspicious, i took my wiper arm with me and opened the pack in the store to check. But low and behold, they fit perfectly! Not that i ever doubted Halfords!

So if it helps anyone else who has a 68 Bay with 7mm wiper arms and the straight end with dimple, you need Halfords own brand W03 blades :)

Cheers, MIke

Latest posts