• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stub shaft required

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

983 Huey

Reaction score
Help needed...

The threaded section of my offside driveshaft has deteriorated to the point where the hub nut can jump threads even with the locking pin in place.
I'm after a new stub shaft, does anybody have one for sale?

Or...

Can anybody be so kind as to point me in the direction of a new one please.

Many thanks, Doug.

I have one but there are different types, are you able to measure the length of yours to see if the one I have is the same? I'm currently abroad but back on Wednesday.

Yeah I've just realised looking at heritage site that there are different types... one is £45 and the other is £165

Looking at the model years stated on the site, mine is going to need the dearer one as my bus is a '69 build date an the cheaper shafts are for '70 onwards.

Typical!

That said though, I know a lot of '70 onwards parts were used on some '69 buses.

I'll take some measurements tomorrow anyway, many thanks dude.

I feel your pain, mines a 69 so pricey one for me also! Typical....

SiDev said:
I have one but there are different types, are you able to measure the length of yours to see if the one I have is the same? I'm currently abroad but back on Wednesday.

Hi, could you pm me a contact number please? And I'll text you done measurements as soon as I get bus stripped.
Starting to panic a bit now on deadlines my wife has set me to get bus done. 😂

Cheers, Doug.

Latest posts