• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: (Now readvertised) Steering box RHD 1972. (early)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub and Bubber

Reaction score
Hi all,
Finally separated this from a wreck to find that it's possibly the best part on the whole bus!
I haven't been able to get any play out of it but this is after taking it off.
I've tried clamping it up to simulate it being in situ but it's still looking good.
As such I'm not describing it as in need of a refurb, and it's priced accordingly at £360.
[Edit: Now £250]
(Please don't offer me £150. I already have people pitching in at that level on the assumption that it needs working over.)
You might want to change out the various seals of course.
If anyone knows of a sure fire way to confirm the lack of play off-bus then please do tell and I'll give it a "whirl" ha ha ...
It also comes complete with the drop link, horn cable, bolts etc, as in the last photo.
The little shiny marks are all down to me getting gung ho with a screwdriver cleaning gunk off it.

It might have something to do with the £350 [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

harper1980 said:
It might have something to do with the £350 [emoji848]

Could be ... though it wasn't plucked out of thin air.
Maybe people will think their offers will insult.
Perhaps £250 + post, and no offers then??
Did you get yours sorted by the way?

Yes thank you mate adjusted it up abit and topped the oil up,the van has gone to bed for the winter now but hopefully when he's back out again the steering stays the same,
Thanks again for sorting that box out for me tho I'm just sorry I didn't need it in the end.

harper1980 said:
Yes thank you mate adjusted it up abit and topped the oil up,the van has gone to bed for the winter now but hopefully when he's back out again the steering stays the same,
Thanks again for sorting that box out for me tho I'm just sorry I didn't need it in the end.

No worries, there'll be someone needing it ;-)

Latest posts