• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking a '68 Westy...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, is the sliding door handle in good condition? Interested if it is :) also does it have the very early rear drums?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

67westy said:
Hi, is the sliding door handle in good condition? Interested if it is :) also does it have the very early rear drums?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I converted it to late brakes. But I will get the sliding door handle off today if I can.

Just to let everyone that has asked for parts I just didn't have enough time to get them off today and I am dedicating the whole day to it tomorrow.

Hi was wondering what the rear load floor above the engine bay was like, plus the grill type of thing which is mounted above the engine. Would need a piece of the load floor about 2 feet square or thereabouts and would have to be posted. Many thanks

Hi

I'm after a glove box liner and ash tray, what's the vent cover like on the floor in the walk through? What's the aluminium curtain runner like for the sliding door?

Cheers
Kev

After a sunvisor plastic mount (rhs inner mount) My son broke mine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev946 said:
Hi

I'm after a glove box liner and ash tray, what's the vent cover like on the floor in the walk through? What's the aluminium curtain runner like for the sliding door?

Cheers
Kev

Someone has already asked for the ashtray in a PM. But the glove box liner is pretty good, so I will get that off tomorrow. I'll see what the door curtain track is like and someone has already asked for the floor vent trim, it is pictured above with the tail gate script.

type2tattoo said:
Looking for an engine hatch lid and some other bits in that area to rebuild mine after the fire :/ can you help?

The engine hatch is OK I think. Let me know what you have and I will let you know what I have.

Thank you speedwell I have a '71 (March) bay. I haven't looked at her since May 18th when the fire happened so not entirely sure what I need yet but definetely need the rear hatch as the fire service crow barred it open :(

If the roof bit of the engine department bits like the fireproof padding stuff etc would be useful :)

pop top roof on it? if so, is it ok, and how much?

leon said:
pop top roof on it? if so, is it ok, and how much?

It is in good nick aside from one of the hinges needing a new bolt and one of the roof rack bars needs a new rivet. The canvas has had it. £750ono.

How much just for the front section. I got the back rack.

speedwell68 said:
Alfie said:
Hello, I'm after a rear tailgate Volkswagen script badge, and a vent plate for walk through mat if you have them.

Thanks

Pictures as promised...

20170816_193119.jpg

20170816_193134.jpg

I think the script has lost a pin, but still fits just fine.

£25 posted.

Speedwell68, That's great thanks.

Just noticed that the vent plate seems to be different to the bit I'm after. The plate is a surround for the vent holes at the front of the the cargo floor, just before the walk through area between the cab seat, and also holds the rubber mat in place..if you know what I mean?

Don't worry if you haven't got that bit, can you tell me how much just for the script badge please?

Regards Alfie

Do you have the rear removable valence and steering box? Lhd or rhd?

Alfie said:
speedwell68 said:
Alfie said:
Hello, I'm after a rear tailgate Volkswagen script badge, and a vent plate for walk through mat if you have them.

Thanks

Pictures as promised...

20170816_193119.jpg

20170816_193134.jpg

I think the script has lost a pin, but still fits just fine.

£25 posted.

Speedwell68, That's great thanks.

Just noticed that the vent plate seems to be different to the bit I'm after. The plate is a surround for the vent holes at the front of the the cargo floor, just before the walk through area between the cab seat, and also holds the rubber mat in place..if you know what I mean?

Don't worry if you haven't got that bit, can you tell me how much just for the script badge please?

Regards Alfie

That is cool, that strip is all mine has. Lets call it £15 posted for the script.

Bushoarder said:
Do you have the rear removable valence and steering box? Lhd or rhd?

The removable valance is there. I will post pics later. The steering box is there also and it is LHD.

Latest posts