• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Westy roof opening trim and fresh water fill tube screw-on cap

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moseley

Reaction score
Down to the last couple of Westy-specific parts that I'm after:

Rubber trim that runs around the roof opening.

Screw-on lid for the fill tube of the fresh water tank of a 1968 sink unit, or even a complete fill tube if you don't wish to split.

Let me know what you've got please! I'll be at DATC, Camper Calling and Busfest for one day most likely.

This guy had the interior westy light at camper jam http://www.irvsvwrestoration.co.uk/vw-restorations/4586782421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

creationblue said:
This guy had the interior westy light at camper jam http://www.irvsvwrestoration.co.uk/vw-restorations/4586782421" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and if your talking about the alloy H trims then issit (Dave) on here had a set last week

Moseley said:
Lid / complete fill piece for a 68 sink unit.

I doubt you'll ever find a good original sink infill top, but NLA VW now sell a decent reproduction.

http://nlavw.com/gb/interior/423-white-plastic-sink-for-1968-westfalia-camper-as-original.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Moseley said:
Got a bit of a list of Westy parts I'm after, after having no joy at shows so far this year. As follows:

Hookup point - the external part, or more specifically if someone has a damaged one, just need the cover as it has long since departed...
Interior light that sits above the table.
Interior cab light.
Trim that runs around the roof opening.
Two pieces of trim that hold the small headliner pieces in place between the larger ones.

Let me know what you've got please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a westy light that has a couple of small cracks in it

Clem said:
Moseley said:

I doubt you'll ever find a good original sink infill top, but NLA VW now sell a decent reproduction.

http://nlavw.com/gb/interior/423-white-plastic-sink-for-1968-westfalia-camper-as-original.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I should have expanded on that - it is just the screw on cap for the filler tube I'm after, or the entire tube if people won't split. The sink top will have to be addressed at some time as currently have a SS one, presumably from a later Westy.

67westy said:
Moseley said:
Got a bit of a list of Westy parts I'm after, after having no joy at shows so far this year. As follows:

Hookup point - the external part, or more specifically if someone has a damaged one, just need the cover as it has long since departed...
Interior cab light.
Two pieces of trim that hold the small headliner pieces in place between the larger ones.

Could you take me some photos and email to [email protected]? What would you want for it?

Moseley said:
67westy said:
Moseley said:

Interior cab light.

Could you take me some photos and email to [email protected]? What would you want for it?
I will dig it out tomorrow and get back to you mate. I think it may need switches which can be found cheap enough online. Can also take to DATC if you want to see it in the flesh

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hello
Is the rubber trim your after is c shaped with metal internals to allow it to be clipped on ?
If so I I got mine from ebay
Sorry can't remember who the seller was but it was sold per metre and came in off white
Norm

Drop me a PM I may have sink infill and tube from a 72 Westy in my Garage

Cheers fyno

Latest posts