Awning issue.advise needed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I recently bought an outdoor revolution navigator xl awning.
After using it for the weekend I realised that the slide door kept catching on the drive away canopy when I opened the door the full way.

This may be a silly question but can anyone show me how they've got theirs set up.i came work out of its a case of me putting it up wrong or it not being good for use with a bay.

Thanks
Matt

We've got the same awning and have the same problem. We just open the sliding door very carefully so as to not rip the sides of the porch...as the awning attaches to your rain gutter it will always get in the way because of the snug fit

Mine is ripped - been patched and ripped again!
Think its a standard issue with nearly every awning!

I screwed a little stop in the top track of the door to stop it opening fully.
Never noticed it creating an issue with loading stuff & it stops the door catching the awning.
It's easily removed as it's just one screw...

Jay71 said:
We've got the same awning and have the same problem. We just open the sliding door very carefully so as to not rip the sides of the porch...as the awning attaches to your rain gutter it will always get in the way because of the snug fit

glad its not just me
i wondered if there was a way of kind of pulling the porch side out across the gutter a bit and securing it,its only like about a foot if that.

tbf its not a massive issue its mainly when i get up in the morning or in the night when I'm inside with the door shut.
during the day i just lift it over the door.

just out of curiosity Jay71 do you use the figure 8 setup or the pole and clamps?
i used the figure 8 at action and i had to use a pair of mole grips to stop them detaching in the wind

I have had a similar issue in the past, I just align the awning so that the front door is outside the awning, the sliding door should be close to the edge of the awning, that gives enough room to open the slider without it catching.

I used to use the pole & clamp method but now we have a full length westy roofrack I cable tie it to that...Tend to get through a few cable ties :)

As moallen said, I also attach a bungee to one of the arms to keep the awning slanted. Have never had a problem with the awning draining off all the rain water when I do this.

Latest posts