Any tips on IOM?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bears Dad

Reaction score
Morning Bayers...

Has anybody been to the IOM?

We’re looking to take the dog for a few days in June - after the TT... and before the schools break up.

Any recommendations for dog friendly camping, beaches, pubs etc?

Hi mate, I went last year for a week. I was working in Peel. It's a fantastic place ,loverly beaches ,friendly pubs. I didn't take my bus so I stayed at a guest house, I think it was called the Fernley? I think the cost of the ferry is what puts most folk off. There was a small motorhome parked up down by the beach opposite a skatepark, I think they were just staying there for free, no one seamed to mind. Make sure you don't have to purchase clothing and like as everything was quite expensive as they have to ship stuff in.
Sorry I can't give you any sites or anything, but it's a stunning place.

I've been a few times now both in a car and a motorbike I would recommend sailing from liverpool on the steam packets catamaran as it's much quicker than the ferry there's plenty of campsites all over the island have a look on the visit isle of man website loads of info on there.

Peel is really nice as well as Douglas and Ramsey but the south of the island is well worth a visit

Check out Sulby Claddagh Recreation Area. Pretty easy to get to. Central and last time I was there is was free. Just at the bottom of A14 and near the Sulby straight. The A14 goes over the mountain and the bottom of the value and the A14 is pretty picturesque

Latest posts