Flappy flaps...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkey_tennis

Reaction score
Hi, Y'all... I have a couple of issues with my Khyam Motordome Sleeper awning. As a tent, it rocks. We've had for two years and even in really bad continuous weather, it's never leaked. So no problems there. Thing that's been bugging me for a while is the way it attaches to the van. We use a pole and X3 clamps, works fine. However, there seems to be an abundance of material on either side of the tunnel. I've watched every video of how this thing fits, and it shows it snuggly fitting. Not for me. It might just be me expecting too much, or maybe I'm not fitting it correctly?

Also, the tunnel groundsheet makes no sense whatsoever. It's massive. Again, I've watched the videos, but there isn't much info on this, to be honest. Are you supposed to pin it down first and drive your van on top of it? Seems odd. Anyway, any help would be appreciated...

Jamie

After only just reading this post I think your problem is the pole and clamp system you are using is not long enough. I have the same awning and I use 5 figure of eight tracks. We have had this awning for two years and never had the ground sheet out as I didn't want to get it dirty... :lol:

Latest posts