Tents

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use anything mate, there's no rules, I have a drive away awning but I never drive away, should of just got a large tent really, sometimes I take away a pop up Quechua and just position it near the sliding door

[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com

Hi
Ive got a drive away awning for sale, its a Spacemaker Tunnel from Just Kampers in good condition, was just going to put it on Ebay, if you are interested please PM me and i will send you some photos

Thanks Bob

I have got the scabbiest old gazebo that must be close to twenty years old, it`s got steel poles and plastic joiners and a plastic cover that has a little extra hole here and there from going up and down over the years, luckily it`s on the corners where it gets stretched as you put it up. It`s three metres by three metres, and we have some sides for it too and some of Tesco`s finest guide ropes and it`s gotta be said it looks a bit of a state :shock: Every time I put it up I tell someone that this will be it`s last outing and I`ll throw it away but I never do :lol: I use a reusable cable tie to anchor it to the passenger door handle and I slip the back leg inside the bumper and cable tie that as well and pop a guy rope or two on the other corners if it`s windy. I have a bit of plastic about six or eight feet long by about three foot wide that I double over the side bar of the frame and then pop it on the van roof with some assorted old magnets and that stops all the rain coming in the slider when it`s pissing down. Looks old and knackered, looks crap, but works a treat in keeping the rain off and it don`t matter that it`s got smoke stains, beer stains, pizza stains etc etc etc. Pop the washing machine drum and fire just outside in the rain and sit or stand in the dry and drink Stella 8) There`s quite a few Early Bayers that have de soaked in that old gazebo :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Definitely his last season this year, I`ve had my 9.99 s worth I think :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'd have a look on the Khyam website, they do a couple of quite reasonable driveaway awnings; the driveaway compact and driveaway sleeper

http://www.khyam.co.uk/products.asp?s=Motorhome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

attached awnings are great for kids to sleep in whilst you sit in the van in the evening and better for crap weather when camping and you want to go between van and tent area. we always cook in the awning, kids sleep in it, we store all our clothes in it etc

our original awning was a royal traveller annexe which did us great for years until the kids got bigger - 5% off here http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/royal-traveller-annexe-driveaway-awning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also worth a look here http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/caravan-equipment/awnings/motorhome-awnings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my only advice on tent matters is don't get a blow up one, seen far too many go home mid week with a problem!

ozziedog said:
I have got the scabbiest old gazebo that must be close to twenty years old, it`s got steel poles and plastic joiners and a plastic cover that has a little extra hole here and there from going up and down over the years, luckily it`s on the corners where it gets stretched as you put it up. It`s three metres by three metres, and we have some sides for it too and some of Tesco`s finest guide ropes and it`s gotta be said it looks a bit of a state :shock: Every time I put it up I tell someone that this will be it`s last outing and I`ll throw it away but I never do :lol: I use a reusable cable tie to anchor it to the passenger door handle and I slip the back leg inside the bumper and cable tie that as well and pop a guy rope or two on the other corners if it`s windy. I have a bit of plastic about six or eight feet long by about three foot wide that I double over the side bar of the frame and then pop it on the van roof with some assorted old magnets and that stops all the rain coming in the slider when it`s pissing down. Looks old and knackered, looks crap, but works a treat in keeping the rain off and it don`t matter that it`s got smoke stains, beer stains, pizza stains etc etc etc. Pop the washing machine drum and fire just outside in the rain and sit or stand in the dry and drink Stella 8) There`s quite a few Early Bayers that have de soaked in that old gazebo :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Definitely his last season this year, I`ve had my 9.99 s worth I think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here you go dude, cheap pop up tent from decathalon :)

(additional tarp not really needed, just was pissing down night before)

We bought a Khyam awning, wasn't cheap. but they are well made and very easy/quick to put up.

What looks like a bargain in a shop may not appear quite the same bargain when trying to put up on a windy campsite
in the pouring rain in Cornwall surrounded by soggy sulky kids/wife !!

we got one of these of flea bay

http://www.blue-diamond-products.co.uk/gemstone-driveaway-awning.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cost me about £129 easy put up and reasonable size and is water proof (surprised how many really are not )

Slow lane Matt I know what you mean. YeRs ago we had a tent made from steel poles. Drove from Wales to the Lakes. Tried to set up the tent it blew away and bent. Got back in the car. Drove home. Gutted. That's why I want to get this right. Her indoors wasn't happy. A repeat performance is not an option.

I love my Vango airbeam awning. It takes 20 mins to put up, two beams to blow up, and I use a pole and three clamps to fasten to the van. I find it much easier than a pole type awning.

6fbf27eb63e8a26d33e15af5d8d12563.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts