Beach parking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishSilver

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a definite answer on this one as I can't find a answer myself through searching. On the other side of the hut there is space to drive onto the shingle, Can I drive along 100m, pop the roof and kick back for the day with the bbq ablaze? I would be thinking out of holiday season as being fairly local. So what do you think?

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-27%20at%2017.48.04_zpsvk9rq4sp.png

Did you find any thing on this Craig, wild camping is the name, you can in Scotland and in France, Spain, but England is I'm led to believe a no no, I guess you could have a word with whoever lives in that house, tell them what you'd like to do, but personally, if there is no sign forbidding you access then I'd take a punt, but even shingle can get you stuck so beware, would be nice to know where this spot is though, like to see for myself..
Mirror safe....

Ron

Hi Ron

No definite answer mate, but I reckon that there will probably be some sort of By-law. Cant do anything in England, it very hard to get off the beaten track without getting some kind of hassle or some rule breaking going on!! I agree with what you say, no sign then give it a try :)

Its not somewhere I've been but its Northcott Mouth beach, just North of Bude. Its only 50 mins from me so will get up there at some point and check it out. Its one of my google earth street view finds, lots flagged, not enough time to get around them all.

Cheers

I know this is "up North England" but you can park on Ainsdale beach (near Southport) it cost £5 and it's popular. No use to you I know but it's the only place I know where you can. This "nanny state" we now live in sucks! And I'm pretty p*****d with it all. The very freedom our bus gives us is now so controlled it's ridiculous. Maybe we should do a "mass trespass" like they did years ago for walkers rights! :evil: I would be up for it.

Drives me mad Davy!!! Rest of Europe no problem but here in the U.K. Everywhere is closed off with mostly no overnight parking too.

You can't even park on the seafront roads in most of Clacton on Sea or Walton in Essex signs all along the front no RV's, No Campervans, no vehicles adapted for sleeping, no Trade Vans.

Pull on do it, if I was there I'd do it all they can do is ask you to move. I've been wild camping for at least 10 years and never had a problem. Just don't take the piss. The Highway Code says if you are tried or Iill you must pull over and rest so if they ask you to move just say no you feel ill. Simple lol

Parked at right next to the beach at the car park at Fistral,Newquay for a few nights this year. Pay the surf hire guy 20 pounds and you get to use the shower and toilet facility as well.

Latest posts