Vintage Rapido ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dub and Bubber

Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone uses a bay + a 70's Rapido folding caravan, ("Comfort") and if so how it works for them!
(@myvanway?)

DubBGood2Me said:
Lee C tows one behind his crew cab. Looks cool and a great set up

Not so cool on the road ... or if you forget the routine and take more than 15 minutes to set up, but yes, especially with the red/yellow/orange/white floral curtains! 8)

Not too bad to tow, my 2.0 latebay didn't flicker at all my 1.6 Earlybay feels it a bit on hills & definitely doesn't like getting stuck in the mud with it or conking out on big hills with it either, but 60mph is achievable on the motorway & 50mph on the B roads.
Once all set up they can't be beaten on floor space , caravan takes 5 minutes, awning is a bit trickier!!!
Takes us about an hour altogether, but that includes flashing fairy lights, flag poles, sings & retro camping gear!!!

Dub and Bubber said:
Curious to know if anyone uses a bay + a 70's Rapido folding caravan, ("Comfort") and if so how it works for them!
(@myvanway?)

Yes I do, and its awesome,

As the family has grown (4) and we like to take the wolf with us its perfect. (Light and easy to tow)
Were getting faster at erecting it, just the awning needs a new front as its about shot.

We've out grown the bus for family holidays, but its perfect for one nighters or days out.

Rapido 'Confort' is perfect for what we want.... without having to sell it and get a T25 Westy Syncro..... :msn4: 8)

Paul. :D

Three enough for a "mini club"???!
Only used ours once so far.
Bought it as an anniversary present LAST August, but really as a "warm up act" to test reactions prior to revealing the long running (six years) secret 60th birthday project.
Iffy welder meant starting over using the pension pot to buy a "done" one that has a full width rock and roll but nothing else ...
Enter the Confort!
No pics yet ... Early days :)

Latest posts