Camping Northern Spain

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Dormobile

Reaction score
Any top camp sites in Northern Spain that can be recommended. Previously stayed a week in Playa Joel Noja, were nice although may like to try somewhere different that's if there is still time to book!!Looking for somewhere coastal, easy beach access and thats not to far to drive from Santander.

Thanks all...

We stayed in various campsites in that area, I don't think they fill up, but wild camping is permitted in Spain, and pretty much every town seems to
have an (unofficial) car park where you can camp, you can find the places by seeing a cluster of vans. On the whole the campsites were pretty cramped, especially the cheaper ones and the more expensive ones were good, but er, expensive....

One of the best places we wild camped at was at a tiny village called Playa de Cue - hopefully link below works

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Playa+de+Cu%C3%A9/@43.4164997,-4.7302452,1347m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0xd49497e3725aa19:0xdedb8dc4c9b0a589!2sCalle+Portugal,+39007+Santander,+Cantabria,+Spain!3b1!8m2!3d43.4614289!4d-3.8254254!3m4!1s0x0:0xce8821ee5e6f3b3a!8m2!3d43.4165006!4d-4.7302446

Nice beach, about 15 campervans of various types wild camping when we were there, and easy walk to pretty village with nice cafe.

We were camped between a honeymooning Dutch couple and a professional Italian Diablo/Juggler who gave my kids a few lessons, and ever since taking the Diablos has been an essential part of camping...

Stayed a couple of times at a nice site in San Sebastian. Basically its signposted from the furthest right end of the main beach (right if you have you're back to the sea). Follow the signs and go up a pretty steep road and it leads right to it. Ive never booked (peak season) and always got on. It can get misrty up there due to the elevation of it, but clears in the morning. Served by a cheap bus back into town too. Ten minute drive (max) from the beach.

This sounds vague, I know, but its good :)

I think its one of the top two of these -

https://www.sansebastianturismo.com/en/sleep/camp-sites

Just like to point out that wild camping is not allowed in Spain, the police often turn a blind eye to it and lots of people camp on private land until the land owner complains but as slm says plenty of camp sites to choose from. Go and enjoy

We stayed at Camping Orio Kanpina when we were near San Sebastian - nice campsite, good facilities, and a nice walk to the beach.

Camping Arrien Gorliz wasn't too far to drive from Bilbao if you wanted to visit there - facilities were OK but wash facilities not quite as nice as Orio Kanpina

We found Google reviews to be a pretty good indicator of how good a campsite would be!

Don't limit yourself to one campsite/area for the whole time, go and explore :D

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=593560 ;)

Latest posts