Camping heater

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMRacing66

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone on here use a camping heater when camping in the slightly colder months. I was thinking of using a fan heater but then I guess the power consumption would be too much for most electrical hookups.

Is there a gas alternative that's safe to use that won't kill anyone ?

Thanks !

Another option is Deisel. I run an eber slung between the chassis rails and firing directly into the original front ducting. Works a treat :D

We have a 1000watt fan heater, which does not upset the RCD on a campsite.
A Propex slung under the bus and cut into the heater pipe, gives heat all round.
And finally heat exchangers , so bus heating whilst driving. (butterfly valve to protect the Propex.)

I guess we don't like the cold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

We use a plug in fan heater for the awning, never had any issue's on the hook up's with it. Also got propex heating system in the van

we have a small oil filled 500watt radiator that runs off campsite mains. No issues with fire or melting things, just a steady heat all night long. we put it in the passenger footwell and keep us toasty

i use a webasto airtop in my van.
I have a solar panel on the roof which charges battery during the day.
never gone flat on me yet plus I'm using led lighting

Small oil filled rad from a caravan shop for when on hook up without any problems even when boiling kettle at same time and propex when not

I'm running without at the moment, although I have an Eberspacher in the garage I need to make a little part for the fuel pump. In the meantime I've been kipping in mine most nights since mid February- I just run one of the hobs for a bit if I'm cold. I do have a CO alarm, fire alarm and extinguisher. One the rare occasion I don't have gas (phnarr), I just put a blanky over me.

Got a 800w oil filled radiator from Amazon, nice & toasty, even with roof up & quiet. Or could borrow a friends dog that sleeps all night!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts