Hardstanding or Grass pitches???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaunb

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Spring is here, another camping season upon us...cant wait. So, just wondering when you all go camping to normal campsites :lol: what do you all prefer...hard standing pitches or grass/field with the tents. We go with an awning so thats why i ask, as sometines feel contained on hardstanding, but on the other hand, do campsites allow the camper onto fields with the tents, even though their cars are there?

Cheers in advance, sorry for a daft question :roll:

Shaun

Most sites I have been to allow small campers (like ours!) onto the grass pitches. I usually prefer the grass pitches if going at a time of year when the weather is reasonable.
Its also much easier to pitch an awning on grass.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Always do grass pitches, however they have inevitably been mowed recently and the grass is wet so ends up in the bus. HAHA

Went onto a grass pitch in my Mum and Dads T25 before we bought our Bay. The T25 was a joy really. My Dad was an engineer and worked miracles on it. We borrowed it for a fortnight holiday. He sold it a few years after my Mum died and like an idiot I never bought it. Too much expense with a Bay now owned. The grass site was just outside Bala with Welsh weather to match. Arrived in amazing sunshine with frequent bouts of rain over the week. The ground became waterlogged. So, basically we couldn't get off one morning and churned up the grass. :oops: The owner was livid. We had to move onto a hard standing area. Next time we went in the Bay, I seem to remember the same site only allowed tents on the grass. We didn't want to stay so drove to a field campsite near Lake Vyrnwy. Amazing atmosphere. Hardstanding site is just pants. No atmosphere. May as well Park in a lay-by for a week. A bus can always be cleaned of mud and grass. Also, depends if you want a base site for a week/fortnight or are travelling place to place. The odd night would be ok on hard standing.

Latest posts