Best place to find decent UK camping

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayHutch

Reaction score
So, apart from VW events, what's your favourite club / site to find a place to park the bus ?

- Camping & Caravan Club ?
- Brit Stops ?
- Campsites.co.uk ?

We joined camping and caravan club last year, stayed at a couple of sites on the south coast and really couldn't fault them. Dog friendly and nice showers for the Mrs was our requirement !

We don't bother with any of the clubs. Once we know where we want to visit and why, we use google earth to find campsites in a good geographical position and then research the site through review websites.

As above we use google earth but then we go wild camping it's brill cheaper and more fun and we have found some wonderful places But there is only me and the misses so it's easier

I can recommend the cool campings book, I did a tour of the west country and ended up in some very cool and small sites. I got the Europe version too but the sites while cool to tend to be bigger.

I can personally recommend: http://treenfarmcampsite.com/ Near Lands End.
Pro tip: You cannot book this site. BUT in Treen there is a field for parking in, the old boy who runs it allows overnight stays for £3, and there is a great pub about 100m away.. So you can be first in the Q the next morning to get into the site.

Its also home to the FirstNLast VW club annual show, well worth a visit. Not many VW shows you can also go surfing at.
www.fnlvw.co.uk Party on the Friday and Saturday nights, show n shine on the Sunday.

Mat

Latest posts