europe trip plan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenhewkin91

Reaction score
evening all,

me and my partner are looking at doing a 5 week trip round Europe covering around 2500 miles. ive planned for 29 night even though were looking at doing 35 nights, so that we can have a few extra nights in places we enjoy.vi think ive managed to break it down enough so that we end up doing maximum of 140 miles during each drive.

heres the route were looking at doing and amounts of nights in each location:

just after suggestions on places to stay, things not to miss. things to do and not do on our travels??

cheers

Me and my Partner did 5 months travelling around Europe Last year, we only planned a few days ahead generally.

Of the places you listed, we visited;

Wolfsburg and stayed at Campingplatz Am Allersee, it was within walking distance of the VW museum, the factory and stadium are both near by.

Prague - Can't remember the campsite we stayed at (could dig it out if needed), it wasn't the one planned but was essentially the back garden of a big house (several houses had converted gardens) - the centre was a good few miles away (we took bikes with us) but transport was nearby if not - we spent 2 days exploring.

Milan - We stayed in/near Pavia at Camping Ticino, which was ok (Italy, in places does not seem geared up for camping / offer great facilities, and tend to be quite pricey in comparison) - We took the train from Pavia to Milan for about £3.85 each return (about 30 minutes by train + 20minutes bus from site from memory)

Our Blog can be read here http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/sarahandthomas/1/tpod.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you haven't been, Dresden in Germany is nice and you will be passing, the site we stayed out was about 15miles out, I'm sure there would be closer if you looked around.

We pre-booked the first 2 sites, after that just turned up and hoped for the best, we only got turned away from 1 as it was full. Don't plan too much, talk to people, they soon point you in the direction of places worth visiting...

Also if you've not been, pop into Kieft and Klok - nice guys and there workshop / stock of VW's is amazing.

Latest posts