2015, Scotland anyone?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creationblue said:
Mr Brightside said:
rockandrollcamper said:
But only the "Woodland Fresh" scented variety works according to the Forestry Commission workers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a fact? :lol:

Most of the camping will be beachside but seeing as the scenery is so good and wild camping is legal im sure lochside will be on the cards...
Its definitely true, we go to Fort William MTB'ing & had the wrong Avon Skin So Soft & the F.C. workers gave us a bottle of the Woodland Fresh one they get given, it was like night & day.

Guys, if you are coming up then May is the best month for sure. I did a tour of the west coast last year. Recommend the following:

Red squirrel campsite @ glencoe
Great atmosphere, free wood for fires and a cracking pub down the road.

Applecross via the Belach Na ba pass (steep)
The drive over the pass is worth it. Lots of midgies in July/August great pub with good food

The sands holiday centre near Gairloch. Camping in the dunes!

Sligo Sands, Durness
Camping on the cliff tops, turquoise water and an epic drive up single track roads.

I want to do some islands this year, Harris is supposed to be amazing. Buy a island hopper ticket as individual tickets for the boats are expensive.

Let me know if you want more advice. Would be great meet for a beer somewhere.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

jonboylaw said:
Guys, if you are coming up then May is the best month for sure. I did a tour of the west coast last year. Recommend the following:

Red squirrel campsite @ glencoe
Great atmosphere, free wood for fires and a cracking pub down the road.

Applecross via the Belach Na ba pass (steep)
The drive over the pass is worth it. Lots of midgies in July/August great pub with good food

The sands holiday centre near Gairloch. Camping in the dunes!

Sligo Sands, Durness
Camping on the cliff tops, turquoise water and an epic drive up single track roads.

I want to do some islands this year, Harris is supposed to be amazing. Buy a island hopper ticket as individual tickets for the boats are expensive.

Let me know if you want more advice. Would be great meet for a beer somewhere.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jon
Inside local knowledge always. I used to cover Scotland as a company training officer years and years ago and loved it around Glenborrodale so it will be great to go back in the bus, really looking forward to the trip

cotswoldiver said:
It's our main holiday destination this year Justin, giving mainland Europe a miss this time round and heading up slowly with stop offs in Derbyshire, Northumberland and probably North Yorkshire one way or another. Haven't got set dates yet but probably early September hoping that most of the midges have had their fill of tourists by then. Aiming for the west coast with a bit of golf thrown in for the other half. probably just a nice horseshoe shaped trip up one way and back down the other side.
Little bit of work for Jason to do before then but looking forward to it. Long time since I've taken a couple of weeks off for a nice amble around these isles

And as far as midges are concerned

http://www.tyndrumbytheway.com/scottish-midges/

Thanks for the link David, most amusing :lol:

Jason is getting 3 x boxes worth of Corvair parts in the morning from me so best get booked in soon!

I hope you have more luck heading North than you have going Continental recently

Latest posts