Cornwall 2014

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone down there first two weeks in August ?

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Is it possible to wing it with campsites in Cornwall? We're heading there on the 16th Aug prior to getting to Plymouth on 21st for the ferry to Roscoff.

VeeDubMan said:
Is it possible to wing it with campsites in Cornwall? We're heading there on the 16th Aug prior to getting to Plymouth on 21st for the ferry to Roscoff.

Yea we did with 3 kids 2 years ago, Cornwall is a campsite in the summer! Obviously the popular sites are busy but we found by pulling up and asking nicely all accommodated us 8)

Valentine Won said:
Valentine Won said:
At the moment Friday morning

Sorry thats next friday morning :roll: what about you mate?

After work next Friday mate, probably gonna stop in Exeter Racecourse for the night as that's about half way, were not booked into Churchtown till sat morning.

slow-lane-Matt said:
is it possible to drive down the hill on drum brakes to Chapel Porth...?

and can buses get back up the hill afterwards on a cold engine..?

Fantastic beach apart from that - and worth joining the National Trust just for the free parking...

We have stayed at Blue Hills Campsite at St Agnes 3 times (not in bus) - its a great site/location but the manager can be awkward

St Agnes again in September and staying at the Little Orchard Village again, not sure if we are taking the van as its tricky with parking.

On the way to Gwithian Farm next Friday for some summer fun! Stopping for 10 nights all inclusive :lol:
Hopefully bump into some fellow earlybayers camping next door. My mate Ade is stopping at Churchtown the same time in his T25. Can't miss him, look for a surf looking dude wi oakleys permanently stuck to his cap! Top bloke.
Looking forward to bacon buttys at the jampot cafe :D

fcdc34de8174d9b40f635b0f74aefd12.jpg

146e5c74271b5492816291a00eeb92c8.jpg
1c9d1f0eb56eb2713e98efbb2dbeede7.jpg

A few snaps from Hectors travels, really need to get somewhere down there :)

Cheers :)
One of the many regrets I have is not taking the plunge years ago & getting a bus but as you say, I've got one now :)

Hi all heading down to Cornwall 5th sept surfing anybody know of a very cheap campsite I don't want toilets or shower or hook up just a field lol I normally just doss in car parks but this year there's more of us so I need to put up a small tent cheers Phil

Stayed at a lovely site, penderleath even got a pub and restaurant on site nice site popular with surfers
Only ten minutes from st Ives

http://www.penderleath.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts