Devon and Cornwall camp site

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardAlexander

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
This years summer holiday will be down in Devon and Cornwall, so me and the misses were wondering on some good campsites down that way, no kids in tow so no need to entertain just looking for nice scenic locations that won't break the budget. :D

Cheers for the help guys and gals

Just got back from Cornwall & going back to Tollgate (perranporth) in August

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Stayed here a few times, the showers & toilet blocks were new 2 years ago, excellent campsite with friendly staff.

http://www.newberryvalleypark.co.uk/pages/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have just booked 4 nights at gwithian farm campsite looks good, I will update in my return
http://gwithianfarm.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or Churchtown Farm in Gwithian, Hayle....will find a few of us there last week in July/1st week in August. Great site with just a stroll over the dunes to the beach 8)

We used this site for a night in Bude at the weekend. We just found it at midnight, so camped up and paid in the morning on departure. Nice big pitches and some of the the cleanest loos and showers Ive witnessed. Even my wife was impressed :roll: :lol:

http://www.upperlynstone.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well Gwithian farm campsite was great and we will use it again without a doubt.

Thanks for the info guys we are looking to move around a bit weve got to weeks down there so I will definitely give some a try, am I best to book or just chance it, going second week in August

*Sam* said:
Well Gwithian farm campsite was great and we will use it again without a doubt.

I was going to book go there this year is it far from the beach? went for churchtown in the end :D
cheers shaun

No mate it's a 10 min walk or very very short drive, only downer with driving is the car park charge is steep.
There were loads of surfers camped there when we were there.
Site was nice with well kept plots, clean toilet/shower blocks. Larger grass area for kids sand pit table tennis and petting animals.
Our plot 131 had fresh drinking water best to it along with hook up etc. there is a shop on sure and an ice pack freezing facility that allows you to borrow already frozen packs whilst yours freeze.
I thought it was spot on but then again it was my first time on a proper camp site.

No worries mate let me know what church town is like as we will be back to the area next year as my wife's family all reside close by.

Evening all

Well that's tollgate farm booked for the middle of July for a week can't wait, thinking of stopping off half way down for a night to break up the 7 hour drive, any recommendations on a campsite that we could pass half way down please ?

Thanks

Simon

We've stopped at Isle Of Avalon Camp Site for the last three years which is short walk in to Glastonbury.
Campsite is 14 miles from m5 motorway from memory, we've done it with a snapped crankshaft no probs :)

site is flat with electric hookup, clean facilites. Shop onsite which were also doing bacon sandwiches and coffee.

Haven't stayed at Tollgate but we've been to:
Haven Perran sands - nice walk along beach/cliff to town but felt our van attracted too much attention
Goonhavern Perran springs - little bit far out for us having to use bus/taxi into town.

We now use Perranporth touring park, you have to book by post but walking distance to town.

We love perranporth especialy 'Watering Hole' Pub on beach food and live music.
watch out for strong rip currents if surfing/boarding.

We shall arrive Perranporth 17th August via Aylesbury (Wiltshire), Lullworth Cove (Dorset), Brixham (Devon) & Looe (Cornwall); then off to Glastonbury and Slimbridge

We will have just left Perranporth when you get there, Wateringhole is great

Thanks Martin

We are looking at a over night stop off on the way down once on the a30 I think to break up the journey.

Been going to perranporth for 30yrs on and off, beautiful part of the world.
I tend to set off at about 5am for a 5hr journey straight there !

A little gem we found for a stopover on the way was Porlock Weir (Exmoor)

It's a quiet carpark at the end of a cul de sac on the beach - with a pub, 24hr public toilets, picnic benches on the beach and as you can pay for 24hr parking (£4) we assumed its allowed, no one disturbed us - but we did arrive late and left early....

but shhh - don't tell everyone !

Latest posts