Mozzie's 69 RHD D/Door Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzie

Reaction score
All right i thought it was about time to start a build thread on my bus. Its a 1969 D/Door Rhd early bay panel that i purchased from a very good mate of mine. Here are some pics on how it has been played out over the last year or two and is now currently in the process of being kicked of again to get this completed some time in 2013.

So after having the bus for a few week i decided to send the bus down to the local guys at Munster garage to get this bus heading in the right direction a bit lower to the ground.

Sorry about the single photos and multiple posts I'm having trouble with this crap laptop i will post the remainder of the pics and built updates when i get this sorted.

Nice van Moz. Not too many EB double sliders around. Plenty of late bays about in Oz. Did you find someone to make your beam in back home? If you're struggling I'm happt to help out with postage from this end of the world. Get in touch with Guy at Slamwerks for a beam.

Cheers
Chris

Cheers Chris

At this stage mate I'm just going to concentrate on the rest of the build and run the Ball joint front end for now with some adjustable spring plates in the rear. But I will be in contact for sure it would be great to have someone to help out over there in the Uk with parts etc as emails to and from and are time differences are a pain in the ass.

Happy to help out mate. :D I'm loving the commercials at the moment. Panel van is my next EB for sure.

Cheers mate. Yeah the bus has been fully stripped and diamond blasted and to no suprise it has exposed a fair bit of rust etc. Some of the rust works have already been carried out by the local guys at munster garage. The rest of the rust repairs/panel paint with be restarted in the early new year.

The bus will be heading in next week to get the rest of the rust work and panel and paint done. As soon as I get some pics through I will post them up and keep you all updated

Ha ha yeah sorry about the tiny pics lads. Well I'm off to sort out a few things with the bus today and will upload some pics tonight of were the bus is at the moment. :D

The bus stripped down and ready to get sent to the diamond blasters
IMG_4040.jpg

The bus loaded up ready to find out whats underneath all that paint
IMG_4041.jpg

The bus returned and to no suprise there was a lot of work ahead
IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

On a positive note the belly pans were solid as with not even a pin hole in site
IMG_4060.jpg

So the rust repairs got kicked of with the drivers side seat section front dog legs and drivers side floor and front lower nose sections inners and outers.
IMGP0630_zps0e724b27.jpg

IMGP0646_zps173d0f39.jpg

IMGP0625_zpsb4d799e7.jpg

IMGP0655_zps05ff03e0.jpg

IMGP0641_zps47c23da8.jpg

More pics to follow over the next few weeks as it unfolds.

Nice start Moz. A couple of crinkly panels to sort out there.

Belly pans on an aussie van??? What's the story there?

Thanks aspro yeah my mate will be sorting out all of the crinkly panels. As for the belly pans no there are not standard on every early Aussie bay only on selected model I believe.

Ok the bus was picked up and has now been sent to get finished :D

I will upload some pics as they come to hand.

I have ordered quite a lot of gear over the last few weeks as this will be a full nut and bolt resto

Well spoke with a mate as i wanted to get a rough idea on what my bus would look like once its complete and he sent me this today. :D
TheDoubleD_zpsb6a7d502.png

mozzie said:
Well spoke with a mate as i wanted to get a rough idea on what my bus would look like once its complete and he sent me this today. :D
TheDoubleD_zpsb6a7d502.png

Mmmmmmmm, that's the Nuts...!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts