slammed graffiti '69 IN PROGRESS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis

Reaction score
Finally got the bus almost where I want it. Front is a 4" narrowed adjustable KP/LP beam with drop spindles, rear horse shoe plates plus some spline work. I need to c-notch front and rear to make room for tie rods and axles so I can bring it down lower. This with the front at its highest setting, it'll come down more soon after after I notch it :D tires are 165 55 14 front and 185 60 14 rear.
0417011715.jpg

0417011713.jpg

0417011713a.jpg

0418011517.jpg

0418011516.jpg

Thanks to all!!!
In regards to the ride, its actually pretty good. No shocks in the front can make it a tad bouncy over small bumps at low speeds but other than that its smooth. It rides 600 times better than the ball joint beam with pulled torsions did.

Louis said:
No shocks in the front can make it a tad bouncy over small bumps at low speeds but other than that its smooth.

Can't get away with that in the UK though (especially with the roads being so cr@p :evil: ) but I think the yearly MOT man might not be too happy either ;)

Can't get away with that in the UK though (especially with the roads being so cr@p ) but I think the yearly MOT man might not be too happy either
Thats why I love Florida, no emissions testing or inspections :D

Got the rear c-notched now so Im gonna bring it down a few inner splines soon. Heres some pics!
0422011820.jpg

after cutting off the bumpstop bracket
0422011920a.jpg

the back side of the frame w/the cut out
0422011920.jpg

the outside of the frame

I had a piece of 3/16 thick wall tubing cut in half in the shape of a "C" then welded in, no pics yet, we finished kind of late lol. I'll post up the finished product when I get some pics taken.

PS: For any one in the tampa bay FL area who is looking for someone to do some fab work, my friend is starting his own welding/fab business. He is the one doing all the welding on my bus. Plus he is mobile! If you inquire his services shoot me a PM :D

heres a pic of the mostly finished notch. I'm gonna go in and grind it down some but either way...... things are coming along nicely.
0424011301.jpg

Thanks! The notching isnt too hard, just make sure you set aside enough time so you dont run out of day light ;)

Bus is coming along slowly.......... After some drivability issues, I can now get back to the important things, like more low. Front will be notched hopefully weds. as long as nothing else breaks...... stay tuned.

^Nevermind^ dont know whats goin on now but here's some pics of tonights adventure..... yay vw ownership
0531012220.jpg

0531012226.jpg

Latest posts