Slamwerks New 70 deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamwerks

Reaction score
Hi everyone about time i joined as been watching for far too long. Here is my new 70 deluxe that i am working on at the moment.

Its a really nice bus with only a little rust around the arches and the outer sills. Its gonna be VERY low and narrow cant wait!

here is some pics.

PICT2563.jpg

Got the rear end all notched and ready for the engine/box. Not sure if im gonna go with a gearbox raise or 1303 box as its higher up. gotta do something as my old blue bay use to drag box sometimes. It will sit a lot lower once engine box is in.

PICT2577.jpg

PICT2561.jpg

It sits really narrow up front. The beam is a 10" scratch built beam that mounts inside the chassis and is 1" raised as well. With the raise the trailing arms sit almost level and the bus sits on the floor so its gonna drive awsome.

Will have to make a front shift rod that curves over the raised beam but should not be a problem.

PICT2559.jpg

Had to clearance the chassis for the beam tubes to fit in the chassis looks like factory once done though. the chassis is having some big old extra bits of chassis put in to make it STRONG. Have to put big hoops in the chassis as well for the tie rods.

More to come!!!

Sick bus dood, liking the Mods.

Hello and welcome ;) 8)

Hi Stuart hows things congrats on your win at run to the hills your bus was looking good.

The montana red bus is still coming but gonna have to sell it right away might put a beam and spindles on it and some notches all around. It will make a nice cheap slammed bay for someone.

I wonder why you like the savannah beige ash???

More pics too come

getting the hoops in the chassis tonight.

just out of interest is this going to be run daily? how do you exspect it to ride?

Plus really interested in getting lower and narrower up front do you do a balljoint front end to go on my 71 Bay daily driver?

Cheers :)

Wicked ride and the notching looks to be done well.

Will also keep an eye on this one 8)

A Bit of an update

Its Been a little bit slow at the moment its been a little busy in the worskshop so not got much done.

The chassis notches are done for the track rods.We went with this shape because the spindle arm goes through the whole as well as the rods and these are the best shape to give maximum clearance.

PICT2584.jpg

The 6mm steel plate arrived from the laser cutters today for the extra box section gussets that will be going into the front end to beef it all up. Also cut the holes for the tubs as we could not roll it out the workshop with out them!

PICT2591.jpg

This weekends plans are to put all the extra chassis front gussets in fix the cab floor\front valence and Would also like to make a bracket for mounting a 1303 box and get it in so loads of pics to follow!

Seen this in the flesh today - mental :shock: hard as nails!

But, I'm sure i rode over a quite severe speed bump coming onto the estate - you're going to be trapped and never get out onto the road :lol: :lol:

It's a nice set up at Slamwerks, the beams are superb - attention to detail is excellent, and Guy seems a genuine nice bloke.

Latest posts