old / mid school bmx pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andewilson

Reaction score
i'm currently putting together an early 90's gt performer and was wondering what you guys on here have. this is how i bought it a few months ago

bmx1.jpg

bmx5.jpg

bmx3.jpg

been buying as much nos stuff as i can and am almst there now but ive spent far more than i planned for what is going to be a toilet taxi for shows :oops: dont tell the wife

vwvanman0 said:
kibbletrailer.jpg

my old burner,ideal show transportation :)

Nice burner, and is that a Fiesta Supersport lurking in the background ;) I had a black one of those back in the day!!

nice bikes.

This is my Mongoose decade, I have had it since new, curently waiting for restoration, i'm getting the parts together slowly, its the wheels that are proving hard to find
DSC00763.jpg

And the redline i built to match the wifes car, painted it at home with rattle can, and used mostly NOS parts, but again I need a set of white mag rims, but at £70 i just cant justify them at the mo, although they would finish it off a treat.
DSC00191.jpg

i have a se pk ripper mid 90s used at the track
se assassin1992 in box in loft
se assassin 1997 used at the trails
1989 bully 2 rider
1996 haro sport just needs pedels
1980s titan frame only
1997 se quadangle frame and forks
2006 s&m pbr frame only

not boasting bmx and me are best mates even when it hurts :D

mcvw said:
vwvanman0 said:
kibbletrailer.jpg

my old burner,ideal show transportation :)

Nice burner, and is that a Fiesta Supersport lurking in the background ;) I had a black one of those back in the day!!
OH a Supersport, I also had one in silver with mint grey check seats, one a few shows with that one until someone broke in the garage & trashed it :cry:

As a kid I owned a Diamond back ogk mag wheels, loved that bike

i too will be going to the rad bmx show down at mk. my mate tim (a late bay owner and all round round top chap) has encouraged me to go down. we will be camping on the sat night. look out for an extremely low late bay devon on black n orange detailed steels with three far too old drunk men around it :D

I have :

85 SE quadangle in white
Lavender Tuff2's
Haro Vector bars etc etc ..

Used to ride sponsored back in the days doing freestyle shows ..

tried pissed last year and fell off .. not sure if it was the beer or the additional 4stone ..

I'll stick a piccy up when i get home .. Think I have some mag picks of us from the late 80's .. i'll dig em out ..

Just been looking for some parts for it b4 on here ! .. wierd eh?

Hilly

Had one of these in white when I was 13 (to 18) saved up for 2 years to buy it, sold it for 50 quid in 1989 - what an idiot!!

Treated myself to this in Jan this year off ebay for a pretty good deal - despite being in pretty good nick have recently rebuilt it - new solid race inc seat post, elina seat, NOS tioga comp IIIs, NOS tioga bottom bracket, NOS tech IIIs, Ame rounds, converted coaster to freewheel and scrubbed up the Tuff IIs. Cant stop grinning every time I ride it - now building up the courage to get it on the track! Keep on BMXin ;)

DSC02382.jpg

that ripper is awsome mate. :mrgreen:

i feel i am getting sucked into a new passion :? . there is already talk of buying other bikes, even a =n old school mtb build. my mate is a bad influence, he has a full room in his house loaded with them.

my bike is nearly done but when you start looking at the bits that came with it you start getting picky ans end up changing everything. still waiting on my grips coming from the us :evil: two weeks now and no sign of them

Image042.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image046.jpg

Image043.jpg

Latest posts