Slammed/narrowed 1968 devon tin-top (frank)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
hi all i'm new on here,so nice to find a forum dedicated to lowlight bays... thought i'd post some pics up of old frank.

frank was bought from essex a couple of years ago........ as a vert solid rhd uk bus that needed a shit load of work!

he's had new frt beam
been lowered at the same time
new rims/tyres
new brakes all round
new clutch
respray(all prep work etc by me)
re done the devon conversion my way.... floor to roof!!!
curtains,cushions
32/36 weber
1641cc
big bore exhaust
stereo... blah blah blah

the list is endless,emma and i have spent a fortune over the last couple of years.We had an idea of how we wanted frank to look and its good to see your ideas and hard work come together

anyway some pics
Code:

100_1999.jpg

100_2000.jpg

100_2011.jpg

100_2014.jpg

looks really cool mate are those Porsche 356 rims son they look real nice fella , good work all round :wink:

yes mate there 356 rims!

I did a photoshoot for pratical classics a few months ago the article was in the jan 07 issue i'll have to get them pics up too :)

Ant - fantastic Frank 8)
Loving the work you have done - how was easy or difficult was the roof :?:
Oh, and welcome from one and all :D

gninnam said:
Ant - fantastic Frank 8)
Loving the work you have done - how was easy or difficult was the roof :?:
Oh, and welcome from one and all :D

cheers fella....

the previous owner was a chain smoker and although the headliner was rip free it was brown and horrible,i tried all sorts from sugar soap to bleach to get it off but it wouldn't budge.So not wanting to pay for a new headliner let alone the fitting i opted for a cheaper alternative.It took 12 hours to do :(... but cost £23.50 :)...... but if i were to do it again i would use wood glue in the groove and remember to varnish the wood before i installed it Doh! :)

ant, thats wide screen tv. reminds me of my own hassles I've gone through. the result pays back twice. gorgeous van that is. savannahbeige?
what did you do with the muffler issue?

71bay_narrowed said:
ant, thats wide screen tv. reminds me of my own hassles I've gone through. the result pays back twice. gorgeous van that is. savannahbeige?
what did you do with the muffler issue?

yup Savannah L6 20... the exhaust stayed on the van until 10 mins after installed it i got the bus off the drive and ripped both chrome mufflers off!! that got sold on ebay and replaced with a new large bored glass pack.. which is stupidly loud but sounds awesome :)

Hi Ant, Managed to get me & Helen an early bay after we met you, around 3 months later & lots of travelling. I got a 69 tintop Devon.
I saw you at Vanfest last year rolling a set of wheels about. Come say hi if you see me at some shows this year.
Frank still looks cool.
Regards Andy

Latest posts