Otto’s 1968 resto.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
Today i started restoring my barnfind Westy. I have had a late bay for several years, so this is my first early. The plan right now is getting the bus ready for the welder. I can not do this part my self. Took out the engine, and that was somehow easier than the late bay with the rear panel off. First problem is the driveshaft bolts. I got some of them loose, but unfortunately some of them got rounded on the inside. Do any of you have the smartest trick to get the rounded ones out?
The electrical choke wire mount is broken of the carb, is this part fixable? Or should i buy a new one.
Well, this is the first day, and i am satisfied just getting the engine out. I know its the wrong front panel, and i will get that sorted out as well.
Have a nice saturday
Regards O2
:D

Good luck on the resto. When I rounded some I ground them off (dremel will do it) and then used grips on the remainder of the studs..one the tensions off they turned easily

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

One off one to go. This side only one was needed to get grinded off

Latest posts