Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,
Well lets hope this keeps working for now.Winter work hopefully.

Rebuild the entrance cupboard, going to make it a little larger and an all in one.
Re plumb the gas as the bottle is now in position. Giving me more space internally where the bottle used to be.
Re do the lights as they keep coming unstuck from the pop top and install a proper switch.
Going to attempt to hook up lights at the rear so we can read in bed at night and not have to getup to switch them off. :lol:
Wax Oil arrived today to cover the now exposed area's that need doing before getting wet.
Install some new seats that I picked up cheap (MX5) for £30. Was worth a punt to see how they feel.
And , if thats not enough , :lol: I have redone the electrical distribution box under the bed where all the power is sourced and relocate.

If I think of anymore I will probably get told off as it has to be ready for the summer and then there is the new engine to think of. :shock:

You did ask. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep well all.

J & P
:D :D :D

fallingoffalot said:
Sounds like you've got you work cut out! Will be interested to hear how the mx5 seat installation goes.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Will keep you informed.

J & P

Lot of work there to keep you busy over winter. Good luck [emoji6]
My wife likes battery powered fairy lights that stick on the top of the cupboards in our kitchen [emoji23]
I think we’ll be having them around the pop top next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And so it begins.

Before and after shot of the new electrical out put point. Now with an RCD before the fuses just in case.
Had it made up at work and then wired up by the ever helpful co-worker. :lol: :lol:
Not all wired up yet but placed to check and quick test.

Stay safe people.

J & P

Forgot to take pictures as evidence :shock: Idiot.
Anyway managed to pull the MX5 seat apart and re upholster with extra sponge.
Got hold of some spray on adhesive from work. WOW stuff sticks like sh..t to a blanket as they say. :shock: :shock:
Worked like a charm, only have to install now and see if Pippa's needs doing. Comfort wise it means test driving first.
Pic's next time.

Stay safe all. Stay virus free.

J & P

I have it as reliable info, that you can take the bottom plate off of these MX5 seats and take out a foam section which in turn lets you sink deeper into the seat, and it’s also possible that this may have been already done, so you can possibly adjust to suit by adding or subtracting different foam combos and sizes. Might be worth a play with .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,it also might be ,that’s exactly what you’ve just done, :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Thanks Ozzie , yes I pulled the whole thing apart and added foam then recovered.
You Tube video first how to disassemble and then fix , was quite easy.
Did not remove the base foam as don't think I will need to sink any lower than I am. :lol: :lol:

Stay safe friend.

J & P

Bit's and pieces arriving now.
A clock for the top of the dash, an external ambient air temp gauge to go next to clock.(uncertain about these just yet).
Trying to get a photo without reflection was impossible. :lol: :lol: Just the clock still sorting the other.

Took a punt on a ladder that hooks on the side, need to satisfy myself on this one.

A new pump for the water tank delivering just a few more litres per min as the distance to the sink has increased.
Water tank carries 12 litres of fresh water and will be slung under the sliding door area. Hence the distance as used to be
in a container directly below sink. This will now give extra internal cupboard space.

Also ordered the wood for the new cupboard. :shock: :shock: Bloody hell it's expensive.
I did not know that Vohringer ply was so expensive as I did not buy it first time round.
Now however I have to make the new cupboard from the same or it looks like a mish mash. ;)
Also found out they don't make 15mm in the Maple colour so, we have to buy 3mm and use 12mm marine ply
on the inside.
Fun and games. Stay safe everyone..Stay virus free.

J & P

More work over the weekend, sore knees and back :lol: :lol:
Time to start doing things in earnest.

First picture shows the ensuing chaos that comes from rewiring and adding STUFF. :lol: :lol:
Second picture shows the bed seat down and all dark inside...
Third is with the base raised to access and now with light added...
Fourth shows complete inside ,just needs a good vacuum. :) :)

The 2 pic's below show the gauges I have had lying round for a while and trying to decide if I should put in or not.
I am not worried about the info too much as I have the all important dip stick type so the rest are just pretty.

That's it this time round , keep safe all have a good week and stay virus free...

J & P

lemur said:
:D Nice progress there J
L

+1
Looking very nice and the work for the belly pan fixing's is something I may look into also so cheers :mrgreen:

Above is the water tank that is going to be slung under the bus opposite the gas tank for fresh water , gaining more internal space.

Will be replacing the present fire extinguisher with this one as it is NOT the powder type. :) :)

This purchase was pure indulgence on my part, although not for heavy graft it really looks the business. Not that expensive and
I still have to figure how to keep it on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the wood has now been acquired and the internal fit out for the winter will begin in earnest.

Well that's it for now , hoping to steer clear of SPAMHAUS and the dreaded Covid .
Keep well everybody.

J & P

Hi Mike,
It is definitely a, what I would regard as an extra. So what you can do is attach it permanently , as there are brackets that would
accommodate this, however you would have to drill into the side of the bus. Obviously depending on where you place it.

They stipulate in the add , right at the bottom that it is only made of aluminium and not for heavy usage.

I reckon I will have a think about it and more than likely store , don't really want to drill bus for no return.
I will only allow my wife to use if ever, as I reckon I'm to heavy. :lol: :lol: :lol: (know). :lol: :lol:

More of an ornament to be honest, looking after the bus.

Stay virus free guy's.
J & P

The start of some cabinet making, 12mm ply which will have a 3mm Vohringer ply on top to match the rest.
Well that was Sunday put to good effect and some electrical work inside. Not to busy and managed a trip to the sea for some
iron's and head clearing on Saturday.

Have a good week all and stay virus free.

Is that Vohringher ply as expensive as it's claimed?
I need to think about rebuilding my original interior (wife has a list of stuff she wants) but I want to keep it as original as possible and a decent laminated ply in the right colour might enable me to do that.

Coda. Hi ,
Vohringer ply is expensive end of. However it is very light. and helps reduce the weight load.
I went for 12mm ply and 3mm Vohringer only so it matches the rest. If you are starting from scratch then look
for 12mm Vohringer or less to build the units.
Hope this helps. Stay virus free and have a great Xmas.

J & P

Had a weekend break from Boris due to the house boiler blowing up. :shock: :shock: :shock: F.......
Anyway , perks of being a gas engineer , I had a spare in the garage and spent the weekend doing a complete new install.
Heating and hot water, happy wife happy life. :) :)

Back to Boris this last weekend and the rats nest in the front getting a makeover as I decided to install the gauges.
They will not only help when the new engine finally arrives but helps me worry more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spotted a Dial gauge for sale on FBook at a reasonal price and managed to acquire. Had a stand for it for a while.
Decent Mercer type aswell. Thankyou very much to the seller as it's possible he is on this forum.

Well that's all for now as I personally can't wait for the xmas break.

Have a great festive period everyone and stay Virus free.

J & P

Latest posts