Vw t2 resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yannvanh

Reaction score
Hallo Guys,

I wil introduce myself, im Yannick, i am 28 years old and i live in Belgium so excuse me for my poor english :p
I hope i can learn a lot on this forum and make som UK friends :p
I have restored my 71 bay a few years ago so i decided to share it with you guys in a couple of pics..

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

free upload direct link

I find this stance way to high so i decided to order a red9 set!

Thanks! I replaced it with the coilovers!

After enjoying the bus a couple of 1000 km's its starts to drip some oil, took the engine out for an inspection and maybe replace some gaskets..

This is what i come up with..

I alsow had some end play so the best thing was a full rebuild of the engine..
Gettin in my wallet again and this is what it come up with:
1641cc, engle w100 camshaft, empi GT heads, new oil pump,....
Also ordered a new distributor and fuel pump, so basicly its a brand spanking new engine!

Bought some 15" smoothies for the bus.. think they would fit nice! Putting the tyres on them on friday so i'll keep you update!

The PO made a big hole above the engine to work on it, since my engine is brand new and i wanted the floor to be a little bit original, i decided to weld it back together!

That's it for now!

Thanks! Yeah i bought the bus in 2014 so it took a few years to get it this far :)

I've put some rubber on the smoothies and i must say, i really like it! :)

yannvanh said:
Thanks! Yeah i bought the bus in 2014 so it took a few years to get it this far :)

I've put some rubber on the smoothies and i must say, i really like it! :)

Fantastic work ... love the colour and the stance [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the engine almost ready!

Love the car parts 😅

Given the engine bay a little touch up:

Next update is to place the engine again!

Hi Yannick. Your bus is looking great..some good work going on, any your English is very good!
How did you get early bay wheels onto your 5x112 bus? Did you use wheels adapters?

kinga said:
Hi Yannick. Your bus is looking great..some good work going on, any your English is very good!
How did you get early bay wheels onto your 5x112 bus? Did you use wheels adapters?

Thank you! Really appreciate it!

Yeah i bought the 5x112 -> 5x205 adapters..
It's a lot 'cleaner' with smoothies in my opinion :)

Great work, love the smoothies. Do the adapters make the clearance tight on the rears? I have 112 on my '68 and would like to get some wheels like yours one day.

(With my current setup there are spacers to make the face of the rear drum flat which means the rear has to be lowered to stop the tyres rubbing the arch).
3ae47e7c11588d21b981870a7ed2d08f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

There's plenty of room on the rear.. between the tyre and the arch i can fit 2 fingers easily!
My smoothie's are only 4j wide and with the 175/65r15 tyres there's more than room enough!

Latest posts