Monty the Red Campervan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my oil gauges installed today. What an absolute pain finding a decent earth ! [emoji37]
Both working I think, running at 3 bar and only up to about 75 deg C on a short run.

535f0f23c89b006d5b4e337dedacf934.jpg

a58c0db789199d9e06a50dbacef53cf4.jpg

Liking your leather steering wheel cover, where is it from?

If you have ugly gauges when you look at the side you can simply cut a black cap from a spray can in half and use some double side tape and stick it on the mounting bracket ;)

Dirty Harry said:
Liking your leather steering wheel cover, where is it from?

If you have ugly gauges when you look at the side you can simply cut a black cap from a spray can in half and use some double side tape and stick it on the mounting bracket ;)

It’s off eBay from MrSteering

Thanks for the tip on the gauges!
I don’t know why the screw on holder cups are not black [emoji2955]

Got the gear shifting sorted out.
27657f035b53ff4670192f575eedc2c3.jpg

a10122cbdd661db37b28bf109a2d6771.jpg

New CSP coupler
b579579ecdf3186d1982692e8e478eed.jpg

8bf406155b21a5a02ed0c7a3ca8818af.jpg

Gear selector rod Wolfsburg west
And a shiny new CSP shifter
718d809caa60601f37c9d1ba41ca3a36.jpg

Bus now shifts gear really nice [emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally been through all your posts ! Excellent work and a lovely bus 😊

Thanks for the comments [emoji3]

Got a slight problem with the throttle when driving, the return spring doesn’t seem strong enough and the revs don’t quickly reduce when changing gear. [emoji2955]

Got slightly delayed at Bogg Bros. by a few days [emoji23] There was a problem with the dizzy, it needed a new ‘igniter’ unit. Drove back home through the lovely Howardian Hills in Yorkshire.
b310d08ec18192847ce6014bbe7b609b.jpg

Running great but still need to sort the over revving with the throttle return [emoji2955]

mike202 said:
Got slightly delayed at Bogg Bros. by a few days [emoji23] There was a problem with the dizzy, it needed a new ‘igniter’ unit. Drove back home through the lovely Howardian Hills in Yorkshire.

Running great but still need to sort the over revving with the throttle return [emoji2955]

What a great pic!, could have been taken any time during the last 50yr :) :)

L&S

Hi Mike

How was Bog Bros with the rolling road, take long? did you have to run away when they were giving it some beans? and most importantly did they know what they were doing?

Nice to see Howardian hills - my road biking stomping grounds on a saturday morning (from York)

Bluesnailman said:
Hi Mike

How was Bog Bros with the rolling road, take long? did you have to run away when they were giving it some beans? and most importantly did they know what they were doing?

Nice to see Howardian hills - my road biking stomping grounds on a saturday morning (from York)

Dave seems to know what he is doing with older cars, he is the present owner’s father. The process would probably have taken a couple of hours if there hadn’t been a problem with the dizzy. I didn’t get the read out I was expecting, as he didn’t want to use the top of the rev range because it’s a new engine and still being run in. I’ve only done a hundred or so miles yet.

He has tuned and balanced the carbs on the rolling road, and told me when it’s run in to bring it back and he will do a free bhp check for me [emoji108]

It’s a proper old garage there’s no coffee machine or lounge area [emoji38] Some nice old cars there though.

The countryside looked lovely and I passed through some nice villages. I saw this wide verge on a quiet stretch of road and got my photo opportunity!

mike202 said:

That’s a great picture [emoji106] ... almost as if Monty is assessing the bends ahead [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty74 said:
mike202 said:

That’s a great picture [emoji106] ... almost as if Monty is assessing the bends ahead [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Yorkshire country road miles are twice as long as others [emoji23]

Sorted out the throttle linkage problem. Had a CSP spring installed made for that linkage. I don’t know why they don’t suggest it when buying the kit in the first place !
Anyway been on a test drive, perfect now no surging at junctions etc. Really pleased with the new shifter, gear changes are much easier than before.[emoji3]

Latest posts