Another Dormobile restoration :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the poptop canvas partially fitted, just need to clamp down the bottom edge and trim. Have a 4 year old daughter who desperately wanted the van to be pink so a concession to her :lol:

Temporary rear seats and seat belts in and off for an MOT today. Everything crossed!

At the garage for brakes and mot :)

Not sure how many gears I have but got the 500yds to the local garage!

She's a runner!! Only taken 9 1/2 years but finally on the road and working.

Cue stoopid happy pose :lol:

Now concentrating on getting some shake down miles done and getting the interior finished so we can go and enjoy her. Using the best bits of 2 original interiors I have. Will have the bed recovered later in the summer.

9&1/2 years !!!!!
Well done, I bet you’re glad is eventually useable!!!
Don’t do what I did mind ,,,
I spent 2-3 years doing my crossover, I paniced & sold it 3 months after I finished it!!!

Lee C said:
Don’t do what I did mind ,,,
I spent 2-3 years doing my crossover, I paniced & sold it 3 months after I finished it!!!

Yep, definitely don't want to be doing that!

Result - only 9.5 years. That is very quick ;)
14 years and counting for me :(

Getting some miles on Bertie now visiting local country parks and car shows :)

Also went back to Leighton Buzzard yesterday to go to the old club meet and Spike who did the welding and paint. Touch wood only minor issues so far and loving driving her.

Also carrying on getting the interior sorted. Floor down and trim on:

Plus made the curtains. Just need to get the headlining in so the curtain rail can go up!

Done a few hundred miles in Bertie when she started hesitating when cold. Would clear when warm but got progressively worse. Sounded like she was running on 3 cylinders so pulled the leads and confirmed only firing on 3. Narrowed down to distributer / electronic ignition conversion so now have myself a 123ignotion to fit. Been tempted for ages so decided to bite the bullet. Will share how it goes.

Looking great [emoji106] ... the cab bunk really is a superb addition. Don’t know how we’ve managed without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers matty 👍🏼

123ignition fitted at the weekend. Really simple...rotate engine to tdc, remove old distributer, pop in 123 and rotate until drive engages, set static timing using its built in timing LED, connect all other wires, start, drive!

Need to take it for a proper test drive but seems all good.

Old distributor fitting cam seems like it might have failed. Will see if I can strip it down and have a proper look as I'm intrigued to know what failed.

Latest posts