rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday night I stayed just outside of Ninove. Good job I wasn't driving far thanks to the snow, massive hailstorms and torrential rain.

And then drove an hour SW to Brouwerij de Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren on Monday morning.
The beer from here is extremely hard to get hold of, and according to the Monks contract shouldn't be sold on. The one bottle I had in a bar in Gent cost €16.80.
You are supposed to ring and make an appointment to collect your one crate of beer, but I turned up on the off-chance without appointment as the phone wasn't answered.
After talking to one of the girls in the Abbey cafe opposite, I managed to get 6 bottles for €18. Result.

Then the long trek home via the Eurotunnel.

Home at last, 755 miles and 112 litres of unleaded later, about 30mpg. Think I'll take the roof rack off before the next road trip.

Awesome pic's as usual thank you.
How were the new lights on the return trip? Better than a lighter shade of candle. :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

Myvanway said:
Cool Pics Si. 8)
Gent looks very nice indeed.... especially that bar! 8) :D

It's very nice Paul, my first time in Gent, and it won't be the last.
That bar was ace, you had to leave a shoe as deposit for a long beer, they put them in a basket and then raised it to the ceiling.

See you at the campout?

The new headlights look good. Did you have to make any modifications to get them to fit? ie. brackets and or wiring. Looking to do this on my EB.

Thanks.

gagvanman said:
The new headlights look good. Did you have to make any modifications to get them to fit? ie. brackets and or wiring. Looking to do this on my EB.

Thanks.

No, because I'd already changed the headlight bowls for later ones with 3 tabs when I did the front panel work.

Not done much to the bus recently. What with the ongoing oil pressure issue with the engine, and after realising how much work needs to be done to it again, I've lost interest in it.
Anyway, I was one of the very few that actually went to Bristol Volksfest.

IMG-6747.jpg

IMG-6748.jpg

IMG-6750.jpg

IMG-6753.jpg

IMG-6751.jpg

As we're off for a week in Cornwall I thought I'd fit Butty's industrial engine tinware (for engines running J tubes), just to see if it does run slightly cooler.

IMG-6908.jpg

IMG-6906.jpg

https://www.buttysbits.com/product/bb-167-industrial-tinware-for-upright-fan-housing-engines-running-j-tubes/

And time for another fan belt as well, much better than the skinny 11.3 x 912 Optibelts sold by the usual suppliers that only last a couple of 100 miles.

IMG-6909.jpg

IMG-6911.jpg

With the earz and butty's tin fitted the oil temp was a consistent 100 degrees at 65ish down the M5/Haldon Hill/A38.
Around Cornish roads and town it did climb to 105 degrees occasionally.
So yes, they definitely helped, bearing in mind most of the driving was done with air temps around the mid 20's.

Think I saw your van parked in the car park in padstow Saturday, we’re touring at the minute in Cornwall, currently in Falmouth [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts