1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebuilt the doors, windows and quarterlights today with all new seals, scrapers etc. What a bitch of a job....

Got all the lights working today

Amazed how bright they are, driving at night should be a more pleasant experience now lol. However, the new ignition switch has shit itself already :roll:

Got the bus back on its wheels yesterday, gonna tweek the ride height a bit as it’s a tad low. But overall I’m very happy with the new suspension set up and the tyre/wheel combo.

New seat covers arrived yesterday, £120 posted from DB cartrim on Facebook and I think they just as good as the TMI kits.

Mounted the Simpson harnesses this afternoon.

Next job is mounting the original seats of the tubs which could be a bit of a pain. I had the tubs and arches set up for Porsche tombstones and when the cab was painted these mounts where still present as I hadn’t decided on stock seats then. So as I don’t want to wreck the paint and tubs I’m gonna have to get inventive with my mounting solution :idea:

Despite feeling shit today I got down the workshop, redesigned my oil cooler/ cooling fan mounting idea and then got it mounted on the bus.

It’s only the motor of the fan that protrudes lower than the chassis and even that is still 6 1/2 inches from the ground so if I hit that then I have issues :lol:

atafonso said:
Can't wait to see this Bus😎
You doing a great job, loved the Simpson's on the stock seats, that's class!!

Abel

Cheers man 8)

Yeah I think the they look subtle yet cool.

Unlike some cars I’ve seen which have harness fitted I’ve done it correctly....

I’ve used FIA & MSA approved backing plates with the correct 7/16 UNF high tensile bolts

Robcod said:
I CANNOT WAIT to see this in the flesh somewhere. Amazing job 👍

Thank you! Your only up the road in Norfolk so I'm sure its highly likely our paths will cross 8)

Had a bit of a tinker today between various other jobs I’ve got on in the workshop. The breather pipe arrive from Speed flow so cut it all to length. Will pick up some decent hose clamps from work tomorrow.

I use the aero-quip 400 hose from Speedflow, it can be folded in half but doesn’t close up internally so can go round at tight angles. Expensive but good stuff.

I had a bash at refurbing the westy Louvre window. What a bitch of a job :cry: but I’m very happy with the fruits of my labour. The Louvre windows have always leaked and rattled in the 12 years I’ve owned the bus and over the years have become very dull. So what with the level everything else I’ve done I thought I’d best put the same effort into these

mike202 said:
Nice work on the jalousie window. Did you have to replace the seals?

Yeah, they were either missing or so brittle they snapped

Latest posts