1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seal kit arrived from Custom & Commercial this morning, can’t fault them as I ordered it at about 3pm yesterday :shock:

Should keep me busy for a while.

kinga said:
Fernando Palmela said:
.......more holes more rust...............

I used double sided tape to fit my trim. Perfect job & no holes!

More likely to fall off too, it’s all drilled now and i dipped each screw into clear wax oil to seal the hole up and prevent rust.

K@rlos said:
kinga said:
Fernando Palmela said:
.......more holes more rust...............

I used double sided tape to fit my trim. Perfect job & no holes!

More likely to fall off too, it’s all drilled now and i dipped each screw into clear wax oil to seal the hole up and prevent rust.

Drilled all mine 7 years ago and cavity waxed every hole then covered each screw in thick grease - not a single spot of rust has appeared on any area where the trim is installed. Nice work buddy cant wait to see it on the road!

Scored this barely used Bugpack mondo muffler which I was pleased about as I love these things but they are no longer available :(

I had intended to get it ceramic coated but I caught it on the bench and chipped some of the back paint which revealed that it’s already the ceramic coated version but has been painted with VHT for some reason. So after some elbow grease with the wire wool & white sprite....

That’s £160 odd quid saved :mrgreen:

I love this bus I cant wait so start working on mine properly.good job on the trims il be doing same

Fitted the Smiths electronic speedo today which was nice & straight forward

Also had some other bits arrive today which resulted in dissatisfaction....

Apparently this stalk which I paid a considerable amount of money for is NOS....

So following the stitch up with the stalk I couldn’t be bothered to battle for a refund and send it back the Europe then search for another. So, Took it all apart and checked it, luckily it all works so I polished the chrome and repainted the housing. Not an ideal solution but the end result has been pretty good I think.

Today consisted of more wiring fun with Mr Rackham

Also the new remote cooler arrived

And I set about making the mounts and a frame for the fan which will be thermostatically controlled to come on at 200 degrees fahrenheit

I was so impressed with the Smiths speedo I brought I got the matching clock too :msn4: :lol:

Went and picked my freshly painted & raptor’d valance up from Richard today. Perfect job as usual 8)

Smooooooth and nice and clean!!!!
Really nice work.
Did you use a SPAL fan for the oil radiator??

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
Smooooooth and nice and clean!!!!
Really nice work.
Did you use a SPAL fan for the oil radiator??

J & P
:D :D :D

No idea, it was sitting on the shelf at my mate hectors workshop :lol:

Latest posts