1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only using Dash is the best way to protect the car to burn on the road.
Last year I changed my 2L Type1 from carbs to injection.
Did the same. The whole way from tank to carbs.

Had a bit of a play tonight, had a mate make me some 10mm 5x130 spacers on his cnc machin so the wheels clear the Porsche turbo calipers. Really happy with the way the wheels sit in the arches. It’s a wider beam than before with 5.5” wheels and the Porsche conversion & spacers will increase the track but it’s still got a nice amount of tuck 8)

I think the genuine Porsche caps really make them pop :mrgreen:

Really happy with how this is coming together :mrgreen: Engine & gearbox is all in properly now and torqued up. Made a start on wiring it all up too just need some wheel studs for the back and it can sit on the wheels.

As my OG badge was a bit scabby I had purchased a brand new repro front badge off the internet which was a considerable amount of money, when it arrived however it was bloody awful, cheap and flimsy. So that quickly got sent back and a refund demanded...

I therefore looked into getting mine re chromed, and found a place called R&S electro plating and sent it to them.

Very happy with the result and it was cheaper than the repro crap too.

I detest Christmas but I used it to justify spending over £700 on a fancy ignition system :mrgreen:

After much deliberation I’ve decided to invest in one of those Smiths digital speedo’s. It’s not cheap but having an accurate speedo will be great and with a working odometer servicing will be more scheduled.

I was thinking of getting my OG speedo refurbed and recalibrated which is gonna cost the same, if not more for a lesser result.

Good result with the chrome badge, restore or repair is sometimes a difficult question to answer. It would be nice to have an accurate speedo and the Smiths one look good. 8)

Mind you an accurate fuel gauge on mine would be great as well :lol:

Your bus is all coming together, bet you can't wait to drive it! :)

mike202 said:
Good result with the chrome badge, restore or repair is sometimes a difficult question to answer. It would be nice to have an accurate speedo and the Smiths one look good. 8)

Mind you an accurate fuel gauge on mine would be great as well :lol:

Your bus is all coming together, bet you can't wait to drive it! :)

Yeah I’m happy with the badge, stock fuel gauges are accurate but they can take a lot of time to make them properly. As for the Smiths gauge, yes... I think it looks really good.

You have no idea how badly I wanna drive it, been off the road for 2 years :(

Fitted the nos deluxe trim today

However it seems it’s for a 72-79 bus so the front door pieces are different to a 68-71. It’s rounded rather than slash cut so if anyone has a pair of mint used or NOS pieces can I please buy them!

Progress has slowed over the past week or so due to awaiting parts to arrive and for C&C to have some seal kits in. However I’ve assembled some fuel pipes and also made up a new bracket for my oil filter.

I knew that window frame from the old post office would come in handy... :lol:

Latest posts