Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry LIAM almost forgot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Mike we spent thee weekend at Newberry Camp site just outside Combe Martin.
The walk we did was between Wolocombe to Croyde and back, easy walk as 2 of the party
weren't feeling to great. :sick0006:

J & P
:D :D :D

Well he is finally up and running. Went out for a test drive. 80 miles give or take.

Home down to West Bay for lunch and then back before dark , first drive since problems.

West Bay car park, for a walk along the beach then lunch in the bus , before the trip home.
Got there and back with minor hassle. See Technical update. Any help appreciated.

J & P

So finally think I have sorted the gremlins out.
Think the mixture was possibly a little lean.
Starts on the first turn and idles until the thermostat warms and the rev's start to pick up.
Time now to do some sorting out internally before the summer arrives and finish the front mount roof rack.

Wrap up warm people.

J & P

Boris still in good health and starting as he should.
Managed to spend some time in the garage yesterday , completed front roof rack Mark 2.
Changes made were the use of Aluminium tubing rather than steel. Much lighter.
Will fit on the front but will only be for light articles. Looks a lot better .

Hope everyone has an enjoyable time over the xmas season.
Bring on the summer.

J & P

First trip out for the year. Introduced ourselves to , those who know him, Rich S.
Other parts of the family were in attendance and bumped into a few friends to.

Needless to say it was not without it's problems on the trip.
Update in the Technical section ............. Please help.

J & P

Stripped to of the carb to find that the float could have been the problem.
Took old one out and it weighed 29 grams, weighed a new one form the rebuild kit 9 grams. :shock: :shock:
Me thinks I have found the source of the gurgling in the carb. Hope so anyway. Will see when I replace and start.

Looks like it has been shaved on the on side?? This has possibly allowed the petrol to seep into the float and stop it from
returning into the closed position properly , allowing petrol into engine via siphoning after shut down.

J & P

Well what do you know, Boris back on the road and we got out and about.
Drove straight down to Weymouth to be confronted by a traffic jam. :evil:
Turned off before and drove towards Abbotsbury. Drove through and up the hill above it and stopped for lunch.
Drove to Westbay for an ice cream on the way home. Carb adjustment still required otherwise good trip.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Have a good week.

J & P

matty74 said:
Great stuff ... we’re itching to get the season started [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more hurdle , the dreaded MOT but then all should be summer sailing. :lol:

J & P

Small project I have been working on for a while now. Why , because if ever you do this job do it over a sheet or something where if it falls out you can find it again. Not like me who did it in the kitchen and nothing on the floor :roll: :roll: .

I was given a genuine 34 pict 3 :D I decided to refurbish and rebuild the whole thing. This included removing the
2 check balls from the bodywork and everything and I mean everything else. :shock: :shock:
My first time but hey if you don't try you never know.
Managed to remove the first check ball, then promptly went and lost the second one on the kitchen floor. F.....

Pippa swept the floor , I used a magnet and a torch lying prone on the floor for more than half an hour. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Needless to say the bugger has gone to the ......other side???? Not a trace anywhere.
Well that will teach me , and after waiting three weeks for check ball size answers, not to be found anywhere.
I ordered 3 different sizes from China 3mm 4mm and 5mm. Fuel bowl check ball was the missing one.
After nearly choking on the 3mm one, the 4mm one did the job with the 5mm being far to big. Don't ask about the choking.

Finally 6 weeks to the day it's all back together and hopefully will be stored for a later project.
Nice and clean now with all orifices spotless and just needs a new engine to go onto. :msn4:

Project carb rebuild complete. :D What a job.
Have a good week all.

J & P
PS: Any advice needed give me a shout. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great job with the carb - need to do mine soon so will heed your advice.

Getting Boris ready for the dreaded MOT and found the hooter/horn not working. :shock:
Now what, turns out just needed to be re tuned. All good so far .Few more things to check before 21st.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Managed to get some time on Boris this weekend.
Basically checking everything over ready for Thursday.
Also managed to spend some time installing the 2 USB outlets that have been lying around for months.
Turned out to be a year , where does the time go. :shock: :shock:

Don't worry straightened them out after the photo's were taken. :lol: :lol:
No more grovelling under the seat to find the plugs etc.

Have a good week all. Fingers crossed for the MOT.

J & P

Latest posts