1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like a bus again now, rather than being an empty shell. NOS reverse lights fitted today, next job fitting the 091 gearbox.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That just made it worse :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks so nice , very jealous and great workmanship, great job.

J & P
:D :D :D

dubdubz said:
ooof

lovely - not running h ex then?

not going efi??

Nah, went old Skool 8) stroker motor with big carbs, head, high compression and a mean cam. Should be around 200hp. Did consider turbo but i love the sound on an N/A engine. Also no heat exchangers, 1 3/4” ceramic coated merged header with j tubes. I’ve got a diesel heater which are better than exchangers and they work without the engine running

Nice eBay buy for £5.99, Land Rover defender radio mount pod fitted inside the glove box with my CD player/iPod head unit. Managed to find a really nice OG Motorola am/fm radio which is mounted in the dash which is wired up to the headlight switch to illuminate with the other dash lights.

So as I'm off shift till Sunday I thought I'd start on getting the new 091 gearbox in and fabricate a mid-mount. Box was rebuilt and beefed up by John Walklett

Shagged crankcases aren't without their uses, make mocking stuff up a lot easier than using a complete motor

I had a moment of panic as I thought the fuel pump may foul the box but my guessing was spot on :lol:

Also treated myself to a new number plate light and rear marker lights. Which means all lights are either new or NOS which will make a lot of difference at night I hope lol.

She’s keener than my apprentice at work! And knows what she is doing too :lol:

Productive but time consuming day today, fabricated the engine/gearbox midmount.

Nicked some Kalmar forklift engine mounts from work so I’m sure they’ll be more than strong enough lol. Now it all fits nicely take it back off tomorrow and give it a lick of black paint. The drive train is really solid now, No good having a big motor if you can’t get the power to the road. 8)

Spent today in the workshop with the heater on as the weather here in Felixstowe is now horrendous, prepped and painted the ‘totem pole’ and connected up all the fresh air box linkage & controls

Also made a start and got a few other interior bits painted in primer but ran out of L87 pearl white so I’ll go get some more this week.

Treated the bus to a new deluxe grill trim, will also be getting a new set of belt line trim too. The OG deluxe nose badge is also booked in for being re chromed :)

With all the other new & NOS bits of chrome and trim the old bus should end up looking pretty sharp.

Latest posts