Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok let's dust of this topic a bit, shame that photobucket pics are no longer visible.....
This winter i changed my original cooler to a compressor fridge a dometic crx 50, my goal was not to change the look of the original furniture and i think i succeeded in that.

25t9qvp.jpg

r01jma.jpg

I raised the door on the hinges with small nylon bushes to create a flow under the door and to clear the mat.

166ddfq.jpg

The original water tank had to move to make room for the fridge, left me with the question, what to do with the filler opening? right i converted it into a 12V socket with a double USB-charger

2142web.jpg

The dometic fridge is a great piece of kit cools very well and very economical on the juice!!

2rbzcb5.jpg

I placed a 10 liter portable watertank behind the passenger seat and powered my hand pump with a electric pump, now i need to find a cap with hole/pipe for the water hose and electric cable.

scq8i1.jpg

Under the buddyseat i mounted a 100AH AGM battery with a battery protector and shut off buzzer, a CTEK-MSX7 charger juices up the battery.

20j2q92.jpg

25g8it2.jpg

The 220 volt power connection is on the orignal power inlet with the original westy power cord that came with the bus.

wahv6a.jpg

Westfalia campmobile 2.0 ;)

Nice work on the fridge, and an interesting idea for siting the water tank, as it will be easily accessible for re-filling. [emoji41]
Do you have any better shots of the tap, and how you adapted it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great, finished up to the usual standards of your build DH!

I did the same with my Waeco, but the USB port is a great touch!

Very nicely done indeed!

Cheers

Alistair

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys!
Sorry Mike but no better pics, i simply hooked it up at the handpump but left the return valve out as i don’t want water in the pump and line if i store the bus.
I had a long weekend of in the bus and the weather was great overhere, fridge did great in 27 to 29 degrees celcius, nice cold beers 8)

After 20 years of service my old Bosch silver line battery needed replacing but lots of battery’s today are in popping disco collors but not in my engine bay ;)
Found a total black left side plus and removed the original sticker and put on a vintage bosh one 8)

33zfaz8.jpg

Next project will be “ambulance fans” but not with the extreme expensive, noisy, low output OG ones but with 12 volt inline boat ones.
Found a NOS 2 speed t2 fan switch that will get it’s OG place at the dash.
We were on a weeks trip down the coast and low speed and very hot sunny weather made me crazy :evil:

Dirty Harry said:
Next project will be “ambulance fans” but not with the extreme expensive, noisy, low output OG ones but with 12 volt inline boat ones.
Found a NOS 2 speed t2 fan switch that will get it’s OG place at the dash.
We were on a weeks trip down the coast and low speed and very hot sunny weather made me crazy :evil:

Just drive with your windows open! We did for 3 weeks in France.... 8)

Cools way better then a absobtion type, juice consumption is also much better and it doesn’t heat up the bus so much.
And the freezer compartment is great wich can be removed to enlarge the fridge!
I monitor the leisure battery with a ctek battery sence wich is a great product.
Next plan is to hook up a foldable 100W solar panel to be self-reliant ;)
Solar panel can be stored away in the double roof of a campmobile!

But first a remote servo for the brakes!

Last week my mate and i went to Germany for 5 days flyfishing trip.
We drove about 700km and fished in 2 rivers, fishing was great and the bus ran great!
Boy am i happy with the new installed brake booster on these steep hills :shock:
And because we all love pics....

2j17e40.jpg

2qxtbap.jpg

2urmus3.jpg

velmp4.jpg

29cru2s.jpg

5tz4vb.jpg

1g6lw4.jpg

m7tf14.jpg

fa4g35.jpg

2u8e9g8.jpg

Latest posts