Progress Pics - Dormobile X-Over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice try :)
The Bowden tube is totally different - its the actual metal conduit - I think I know where it needs to go at the front but before welding in just want to be 100% sure :)

Tackled the clutch cable conduit. Fed through the chassis and welded in the bracket to the rear tube, then welded the tube to the bracket - finished with painting on Epoxy 121 to the tube and the welded bracket so all good:

20180818_154643_zpsa0mnfwz5.jpg

20180818_180050_zpsrknj47qw.jpg

20180818_180056_zpsano6l7t6.jpg

20180818_180101_zpsjnx04ksz.jpg

20180818_180126_zpsujw11mdm.jpg

Cheers

Fully recovered from my long weekend at Creamfields (was awesome) so started to tackle a few areas so I could start adding paint to the underside.
Turned the bolts around that hold one half of the passenger seat in and then cut them a bit shorter.
Also used nuts and bolts to secure the metal that is used to prop up the cooker. All nuts and bolts are stainless steel so should be good.

A couple of pics. The bolts/nuts for the seat:

The cooker metal thingy:

And from underneath:

Also went around the underneath adding seam sealer to areas that will need it before the final coat of paint - won’t bother showing pictures as not really exciting ;)

Decided today to add some red paint - should have been simple.
Get the air gun out, mix some paint with thinners. Connect to the airline, start the compressor and start to spray.
Didn’t work :(
When I last used my gun I didn’t clean it thoroughly enough so it wouldn’t suck the paint up so started to brush on the paint - doh !!!

Managed to do the front arches and most of the front cab area (underneath) before it got to dark to carry on.

Before doing the painting, added some more stone chip to areas I had seam sealed and also to the areas I couldn’t get to due to the location of the axle stands:

A few pics of the paint added:

Cheers

Brush work? Works well. Bit more hard work. But as the Buddhists values go.

Dāna pāramī : generosity, giving of oneself.
Sīla pāramī : virtue, morality, proper conduct.
Nekkhamma pāramī : renunciation.
Paññā pāramī : transcendental wisdom, insight.
Viriya pāramī : energy, diligence, vigour, effort.
Khanti pāramī : patience, tolerance, forbearance, acceptance, endurance.

You own a dub and therefore morality matters. Deep. Very deep. But very apt too.....in linking to your endeavours. Looks a treat. 🙏 OM .

I’m trying to say, through the above, that you’ve got an amazing work ethic. And a great mind set. Nice to see this positive working it all out and application to the progress (as per your thread title). Helps us all. Cheers. 👍

Bought a new spray gun and managed to do most of the rear (underneath) but then the gun stopped pulling paint in.
Discovered that the pipe for sucking up the paint had broken at the top (after an hour of trying to work out what the hell was going on…..)

Got it swapped with no quibble (for the same type), then my compressor started to play up (100 litre, 3HP) so pulled out my trusty 50 litre one.
Then, this new gun also stopped sucking up the paint……..
Same issue - then realised what had happened - I was using my old paint cup and noticed it was about 5 or so millimetres shorter so when I was closing the lid is was bending the tube…...double DOH!!

Made a temporary fix and managed to get more done.
Will finish the rest by brush :(

A couple of pics:

20180830_171048_zpscez9dbhh.jpg

20180830_171102_zpsdbmlpztg.jpg

20180830_171113_zps7t0lc41n.jpg

Hope to start adding the rear suspension soon.

Cheers

gas1man said:
Always nice to see progress , even if we have to fight our way there. :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D
The van is still fighting me all the bloody way :cry: :evil:

I have to stay strong..... I have to win..... :msn4:

gninnam said:
gas1man said:
Always nice to see progress , even if we have to fight our way there. :lol:

J & P
The van is still fighting me all the bloody way :cry: :evil:

I have to stay strong..... I have to win..... :msn4:

Oh I have no doubt you will. :)

J & P

gninnam said:
Fernando Palmela said:
You know how it is said in Portugal, "he already has his underpants washed" ahahahaha
Not being from Portugal, not 100% sure what you mean, but thanks for the comment anyway :?

Remember the underpants? You’ve gone Superman red. There you go. She’ll be flying before you know it. Lovely job. Spray gun must have had kryptonite inherent to drive the motor. 🤓 Onwards and upwards.

Am I sick of painting under the van on my back or what…….
But all done :)
Just have to let it dry fully then can start to install the suspension and the brake lines - hurrah.
A few pics of the finished article.

20180831_164422_zpsddm8gnwe.jpg

20180831_164436_zpssntriy5r.jpg

20180831_164445_zpsbbdnopgk.jpg

20180831_164512_zpstfvcj7da.jpg

20180831_164551_zpsbupt1iwm.jpg

Looks like my 100 litre compressor is goosed - will have to pull it apart and work out what’s the matter with it :(

Cheers

I remember reading through your whole thread way back when. Haven’t revisited the history again since then. When I’ve got time will return again and look from the start to tweak memories. I do remember loads of challenges. And....up to now...all those challenges won. Looking really great, clean and solid, and just hope the autumn/winter is kind now to keep on keeping on.

Thanks - I think I can get it road worthy but still loads of hidden horrors to deal with once the wheels are turning ;)

Latest posts