1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished off the rear brakes today, the CSP drums are pricey but amazing quality, normally I’d have got them powder coated but I was impatient and wanted to get it back on its wheels so I painted them myself.

Also made a start on terminating the wiring loom too

More wiring fun with my good mate Nick Rackham. If you want a top quality bespoke loom, give him a shout!

Had a few hours on the bus today, fitted all the brake hard lines, fitted the line lock and mounted the oil pressure & temp gauges.

Had some Autometer oil gauges before but they were old and weren’t from the same range as my rev counter. So, got myself oil pressure, temp and a volt meter from the Sport comp 2 range which have nice LED back lighting. Volt meter will be going the the clock blank on dash

Few updates, wiring is more or less done. Gearbox is currently being built and best of all the motor is running and fuck me it sounds fierce :shock: cam burn is all done and tuning/jetting is pretty much done too. That thing is gonna be mental. Gave it 1 quick snap on the throttle and it cleared 5000rpm. With my cam, carbs and heads it will easily make up up to 7500rpm.

Need to get the rest sorted so I can drive it

Had a bit of a fiddle today, nothing major as I can’t really progress until the gearbox is built and back. But I did fit the decklid, my new number plate & surround.

Not touched the bus for a couple of weeks because I’ve been in Spain on hoilday, however I’ve got hold of these....

NOS rear light lenses, chrome rings and seals. Should go nicely with the new housings from C&C :)

Little taster of what’s gone in the race box....

Left are the weak as shit 091 3rd and 4th gears, right is the new HD weddle replacements

NOS US spec rear light lenses, surrounds and seals with new C&C European spec bulb assemblies.

Holley fuel pump mounted and wired up. Can now make a start on making up the fuel lines.

That fuel pump looks the business. Did you place any sound deadening between bus and pump?
The work is cool ,glad you had a good holiday.

J & P
:D :D :D

gas1man said:
That fuel pump looks the business. Did you place any sound deadening between bus and pump?
The work is cool ,glad you had a good holiday.

J & P
:D :D :D

I did yes, I’ve got an old Scania mudflap in my tool box from when I was a mechanic in road haulage so I cut some squares out of that put them between the pump and body.

Thanks for the positive feedback 8)

Latest posts