Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have done a good job and looks like it will do the job well - thumbs up from me :)

What a great result!! I've never seen one with the 'overhang' like that, looks like it's perfect for your dormy :D

That'll give a load of extra storage and a nice aesthetic/talking point too...

Enjoy your week down Cornwall guys!

Liam&Shel :D :D

Thanks guys, the front over hang is not as bad as we thought it might be.
The thought was it will act a little like the sun visors that are available, wait and see.
I don't care for those visors personally so this is a little different. :lol: :lol:
Pippa was a little worried about losing her views out the front but I reckon it should be fine.

J & P
:D :D :D

Managed a trip down to Cornwall for a 5 night walking break. :D :D
Some good photo's and some not so good but you get the idea.
Boris performed like a charm going down and no hassles reported.
The trip back though we had 2 stops for a flashing oil temp. light and thought it best to rest.
The outside temp coming home was fairly high and we were heavily loaded with lots of uphills and
it was difficult to dump residual heat. Some pic's from the outing.

Two very happy chappies now on holiday and a lovely camp set up with a great view. Even sitting in our chairs
the view of the ocean was unobstructed and only cut out the other campers....perfect.

That look of shear delight at seeing waves again..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just chilling and I was happy I promise. :D :D :D

This old Peugeot was a welcome oasis after a long spell in the blazing sun.

Two ferry rides in two days and the obligatory Bus photo in a Coaches and buses parking only.
Funny thing was whilst parked there a coach and the local bus pulled up and I was in the way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway home now washed and put away, think an oil change is a good idea and tighten a loose bolt holding the reverse light in place , causing it to only work every now and then. :lol: :lol: Much to some old bats annoyance. :lol: :lol:

Have a good week all.

J & P

Cracking mate! We're currently down Cornwall at padstow, it's bloody hot..so hot we've had to have a pub break! Looks like you had another great time in Boris!!
L&s :)

Looks good guys, glad you enjoyed. I get this weirdo type sensation when I hear waves after a long break. Oil change sounds good too, you are on multi flavour now Jon I hope. Did the roof rack blow off on the way down there ? I can’t see it in the piccies . Tell P that the front ceiling is done and it looks somewhere between ace and possibly a bit closer to fantastic . :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Sees you at the Castle? :mrgreen:

Hi Ozzie,I use the same stuff as you do from Halfrauds in the green tin. :D :msn4:
Did not take the roof rack with this time as I have decided to lighten it up,
in other words a Mark 2 version is on the horizon. Going for lighter wood and
alli pipe in place of all steel around the front.
Message will be passed to Pip and pic's will have to do for now as we are not doing any other shows this year. :( :roll:

Keep well all and see you sometime soon hopefully.

J & P

First off a test with a few meters to check for over or under reading oil temp. gauge.

As suspected the cheapo gauge installed is reading a massive 40 degrees over on average.
This does put me a ease until I can lay my hands on a decent one. Coming back from Cornwall we had to stop
twice as the Save My Bug dip stick flashed twice . Could not get rid of the residual heat and it just built up again
on the next long incline. It was hot and we were massively loaded so I take full responsibility. Did not exceed 55mph.

Then a change of oil just for safety sake and all is well.
Enjoy the sun peep's.

J & P

Took 2 days leave and headed down to north Devon for a few days walking.
A lot happier knowing that the oil temp. gauge was over reading by 40 degrees.
Also checked the tappets and fresh oil for the trip. Needless to say all went well on the trip down.
Stayed at a small place called Westacott Farm. Your pitch is marked for you on arrival with a little board. :)
Ablutions are on the small side but the layout is very friendly and also family orientated. We don't go back to
these places as the object is top use as a base so we can walk the Coastal Path. Also managed to test out the heater that you put logs in as the temp dropped quite low one evening. We got 2 days of walking done about 14 miles in total and trashed my left knee. :x :x :x These Indian Runner Ducks were consistent visitors hoping for
something to eat. No chance. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some awesome weather and great time had. Back home now ,washed and put away. Next trip can't come soon enough.

Have a great week all.

J & P

Weekend at home for a change and time to do a little bit of changing around.
Out with the old gauges and in with the new. VDO gauges now and hopefully a little more accurate.
Refurbished a pair of windscreen wipers that I had spare, drilled out the pin and replaced so no flapping about. :lol:

Also got given this great T shirt from my wonderful daughter just because. :bliss:

So new gauges work a treat :D :D :D however Bar Pressure is a lot less than PSI :lol: :lol: Will change one day.

Got away for the bank holiday weekend , temperature did not exceed 100 degrees once. So happy.

Few pic's taken and managed a 8 mile walk , pleasant surprise in the car park on the way back spotted a few buses.
(Did see a few others but I am Early biased. :lol: :lol: )

Thanks for sharing, lovely pics and glad you're happy with the gauges now too :D
No pic of Boris though? not like you :lol:

Liam&Shel
(also early biased )

Latest posts