1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dash all back in, also treated myself to a new tiller! 8)

I've also being horrifically anal about detail too :? :lol:

But having a father in law who does blasting and powder coating is useful :msn4:

Now for the sexy bits.....

So the brake system i'm putting together consists of Porsche 944 non turbo hubs, discs and master cylinder along with 944 turbo 4 piston brembo cailpers. I've got some cross drilled & vented discs coming to replace the solids. Very happy with how it all fits, the Porsche hubs add 10mm to the track width per side and it needs 10mm wheel spacers each side too in order to give the 15" gasburners room to fit. But overall I think it still looks very tucked considering they are 5.5" wide fronts 8)

You installing a remote servo to assist with those brakes or just concentrating on working your legs at the gym!
Going to have some fierce braking power there!

StuF said:
You installing a remote servo to assist with those brakes or just concentrating on working your legs at the gym!
Going to have some fierce braking power there!

No I’m not, hopefully the non assisted set up will be suitable but if it does really call for it then that’s something I’ll do at a later date but I don’t wanna drill and tap the Scat-trac manifolds in an ideal world. Either way it’s gonna be better than the stock drums :lol:

Been doing more with the brakes, Decided to stick with a baywindow master cylinder. Fitted an ATE item a few years ago so put a seal kit in and painted it.

Plus I started on installing the line lock too

Also glad to see my Ninove stickers have lasted. Plan to add a few more :)

So today I come away from doing my bus and made a start on my good friend Darren's, some of you may recognise this bus, Used to be Slammedresto's a few years ago and has had a couple of owners in that time. I spent a lot of time working on it last year rectifying various issues and got my mate and engine genius Hector to rebuild the 1968cc stroker which was originally 'built' by the notorious Rich Morena :?

This bus has run faultlessly for over a year and Darren has racked up the best part of 12000 miles in that time until last week when the clutch began to slip, so out came in motor..

The issue at fault was a failed pressure plate

So, new Kennedy stage 1 pressure plate, dalken friction plate and a new release bearing along with a full service and tune up :mrgreen:

Ever since I’ve been with my girlfriend and she’s been riding shotgun in my bus she’s always said as much as she loves the old thing she would prefer it if I fitted seat belts...

So tonight I came home and said I’ve brought belts for the bus, her face lit up :)

However once I showed her these i got told I’m a fucking idiot and that I’ve took her suggestion far to literally. :| :lol:

I think they are cool so they are staying :mrgreen:

You better get her some pads for her shoulders and make sure everything she needs is close by when she's strapped in or she will be calling you a lot worst!

paul_q said:
You better get her some pads for her shoulders and make sure everything she needs is close by when she's strapped in or she will be calling you a lot worst!

:lol: Tbh on the street I’ll only use the lap straps. Shoulder straps are only for looks and if I hurl it up the strip.

Couple bits done yesterday, fitted a pair of new Hella headlights which was a slightly fraught ordeal as I didn't wanna catch the paint :lol:

Plus my new exhaust arrived from RJ Volksperformance, opted for a ceramic coated 1 3/4" merged header which will have a coated dynomax turbo muffler bolted to it. A tried and tested old school set up :mrgreen:

Next job will be piping up the brakes when the new hard line kit and flexi hoses arrive.

gas1man said:
:shock: :shock: That THING ooooozes power, just standing there. :lol: :lol:
Love it.

J & P
:D :D :D

Haha, thanks man. It’s just an old Skool build with tried and tested methods. Big cc, Mean cam, high compression, hand ported cylinder heads and 48 IDA’s. Not everyone’s cup of tea but it will work and make awesome power.

No Subaru engines here :p

Was your brake caliper just resting in the photo above, as it is on upside down?!

Nice build, coming along well.

Moseley said:
Was your brake caliper just resting in the photo above, as it is on upside down?!

Nice build, coming along well.

Yeah I just slung the stuff closest to hand together for the purpose of the photo which I took ages ago. I’ve since fitted cross drilled discs and assembled, torqued and fitted everything correctly. But keen eyes on you 8)

Yeah I’m happy with how it’s going, thanks :mrgreen:

Latest posts