Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gas1man said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil:

One dead leisure battery.
Ordered new. More money. :cry:

J & P
:D :D :D

Well you did suspect it John.. now you'll get more than a day out the fridge eh! you'll be laughing with the solar too :D
Liam

:lol: :lol: Yes Ozzie that is a given. (beer that is)

Got out in Boris on Sunday. Was a glorious morning so shot down to Seaton to do some coastal path walking.
Weather was miserable on arrival , major FOG bank and the wind picked up and was quite chilly.
Anyway was good to walk again although only managed 5 miles. Return trip and we stopped off at a viewing spot
neither of us had seen before and not 10 min down the road, Ham Hill Yeovil area. Glorious sunshine again.

This bottom shot is mainly for Ozzie (vested interest) :lol: , this is progress on the roof rack that will adorn Boris in the front . Take no notice of the support. :lol:
Being as it is a Dormobile it has to be specially made and adapted. Will keep you updated.

Have a lovely week all.

J & P

Ordered another leisure battery from, ALPHA Batteries on fleabay .
Went for them as they seem to have the right kind of ratings and feed back.
Well what a pleasant surprise, delivery was by an unknown company to me , packed
correctly , labeled properly and no signs of damage. Driver even offered to place in back of car.
Maybe it was because it was for my wife. :lol: :lol: .

Payed £100 for an enormous 130 A/H one and the measurements were spot on.
Size wise I reckon that's it, but 130 a/h can't complain.
Also had a small package arrive on Sat morning :) Little bit of bling for the tail lights.
Picked them up at a good price. :) :)

Hoping to get a drive out tomorrow , they do say it should be good weather.
Have a great week all.

J & P

Well we managed another day out on Monday and shot down to Charmouth for the day.
Got in another 5 mile hike in baking hot weather :D :D :D .

Well you guessed it, oil leaks still there and now they will have to stay. :evil:
Should be getting the bed sponge back this week , ready for our June hols.

Hey Andy , Yes hope it lasts and does the business as far as the fridge is concerned.
Enjoy the week people

J & P

Even the roof rack on mine had to be adjusted John. But that’s what makes it so much fun. If you just ordered stuff all the time and just nailed it on, it might get boring. But glad the battery was a decent fit.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, not much good at welding batteries a different shape :mrgreen:

Hoping to get this nearly finished this weekend. Will post more pic's when done.
This is not meant to go on a Dormobile in front. So a lot of adapting required.

J & P

Well managed to get all the work done on this project, paint this week and assemble next week.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Paint and stainless bolts did not arrive in time for me to finish the roof rack this weekend. Never mind.
Managed to do the tappets on Saturday afternoon and put some new cork gaskets in the covers.
Silicone ones still leaked.Not as good as they say. :evil: :evil:
Never mind , moving on and this morning the plan was to go out to the Ilminster Mid Summer Car Show.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77054

As above then happened , but we went anyway. Arrived , and a stroll around , loads of great vehicles.
Forgot to take photo's of the rest, and the only reason I took this one of Boris is to prove I was there.
The reason for that is Boris had his photograph taken and will apparently feature in a magazine.
I was surprised as you and interviewed for about 15 minutes. Apparently it will eventually feature in
I think .....Volksworld or VW Bus and Camper not to sure can't remember. :roll: :roll: Well great if it does and not
a problem if it doesn't.

It was a pleasant morning out, anyway. If you read this please check out my help post.
Have a great week people.

J & P

Well got to that point were you think I'm nearly finished and you realize your not. :? :?
4 bolts short and touch up all the scratches you have just put on it. :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see this finally finished and on the bus. Gonna be one of a kind. :lol: :lol:
It has a front overhang so will only be used for light stuff.

Onwards and skywards.

J & P

looking forward to seeing it fitted! are the two shorter bars on the top rail different material or just colour?
great work!
L

Hi Liam,

They are two bits of copper tube to bridge the gap. Still to be painted.
Because it's an adapted rack there is a gap between two struts. One on either side.

J & P

gas1man said:
Hi Liam,

They are two bits of copper tube to bridge the gap. Still to be painted.
Because it's an adapted rack there is a gap between two struts. One on either side.

J & P

I see.. odd that the 'gasman' utilized copper for that task :lol: Looks really nice, looking forward to the pictures of it mounted

L :) :)

Pardon all the crap(paraphernalia) around the bus. It ain't finished totally but works.
Finally got to put the remade 2 bow roof rack on for a few pic's .
It's been a different project that's for sure. You know when you can see something in your minds eye and you know you can make it work BUT........ :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anyway we are finally there and all that needs doing now is a few bolts trimmed and final paint touch up.
I think it looks good and also looks like it was made for a Dormobile. I tried googling and elsewhere for roof rack
of some description for a Dormobile but no luck. :cry: Never mind I have my own now. :lol:

Special thanks goes out to Ozzie for the bits and pieces at the start which is about 1 year and 3 months ago.
He was kind enough to supply me with the bones of the rack and all I had to do was bugger about with it to
make it fit and add a few bits. The new made to fit cover has also arrived and now matches the rear one.

I think it looks pretty good even if I do say so myself. :lol: :lol:
Going away for 5 days Monday week to Cornwall, bit of walking and chilling.
May even take the new roof rack. :lol: :lol:

Have a good week everyone.

J & P

Latest posts