"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vinvan said:
Hi Lemur
Cant wait to see your bus at the Early bay campout, sounds fantastic,
Bob

Very kind words,thank you.. that said it's far from perfect or completed, it has little imperfections like paint chips and the odd rust bubble along with new things we've yet to complete (or afford lol)
We like to think of it as an "ongoing project" :D
L

gas1man said:
Hope to be at the camp out dying to see it.

J & P
:D :D :D

steady now, I think you'll be underwhelmed tbh.it looks better in a photo than life!
but thanks :D

Few little jobs today, fitted Spax krypton adjustable shocks to the front and a new steering damper too.. surprising how the simple things can make a big difference!

When examining the old shocks I must admit feeling somewhat embarrassed, they were doing nothing at all, could compress and extend them with zero resistance :oops:

L

Hi Folks,
Little update from our recent week long trip down south, to Padstow, Cornwall.

Having completed my 500mile run in period before we left I dropped the oil and filter as instructed, no nasty surprises there.. looked nice and clean with no contaminants evident. Also replaced the front brake pads with the EBC green stuff ones I'd won on fleabay, thanks for the tip Stu!

Considering the bus prepared and clean we loaded up on the Thursday night so as to leave straight from work the following Friday, giving us a head start on the traffic jams :roll: However we still ended up bumper to bumper for an hour and a half on the M5! but I was determined to complete the 322mile journey without a lengthy stop and that's what I did. Arriving in Padstow too early in fact, we actually couldn't get onto the Site until Saturday so promptly found a lay-by on the edge of town, popped the roof and cracked a bottle...settled in for a nights free camping.

We'd booked the week at Dennis cove campsite https://www.denniscovecampsite.co.uk/aboutus , Mainly for it's position..close to good cycling routes, lovely view of the ocean from our pitch, close to easily visit the Eden project and many other attractions. I'd really recommend the site, very clean and the staff are super friendly too.
It was only about a 12 mile cycle to Bodmin via the Camel trail (stop in Wadebridge for a pint) and also in Padstow there are many things Rick Stein related, much to Shel's enjoyment, I must admit the scran was lovely though!!

We had a fun packed week and the only tool I needed was a 5mm Allen key to adjust the brakes on Shel's bike :lol:
(even managed to get home for the England match yesterday)

Liam n Shel

A few pic's:

Good week , good food, good company ,looks like you had a ball.
Lovely down that part of the country. You also got there quicker. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Looks like you two had a great time
Me the dog and the better half went to Padstein last June, week before we went was blistering sunshine, the day we arrived was nice then got a bit dull then started to rain and didn't stop for 4 days, loved the food especially the monster Cornish pasties
Long way to drive but worth it when you get there

Vinvan

gas1man said:
Good week , good food, good company ,looks like you had a ball.
Lovely down that part of the country. You also got there quicker. :lol: :lol:

J & P

vinvan said:
Looks like you two had a great time
Me the dog and the better half went to Padstein last June, week before we went was blistering sunshine, the day we arrived was nice then got a bit dull then started to rain and didn't stop for 4 days, loved the food especially the monster Cornish pasties
Long way to drive but worth it when you get there

Vinvan

Hi Guys,
Thanks, we did have a great time, we found plenty to do. The weather always helps :D Can't deny we did sample the 'monster pasties' too.

Regarding getting there quicker...eerm I'm not sure any motor would get you from Nottingham to Cornwall "quickly" lol... bloody traffic!! but I will say it was nice to watch my temp gauge drop as the big fans kicked in. It was a good first proper test with the new lump. Scotland's next (August) so I feel nearly confident for that one after this 700mile round trip.

L&S :) :)

Glad the van ran well and you both had a great time :mrgreen:

lemur said:
...Scotland's next (August) so I feel nearly confident for that one after this 700mile round trip.

Make sure you take plenty of mozzy repellent :msn4:

paul_q said:
You must have had some clear roads with that fly collection

:lol: propel a loaf of bread @ 70mph and you're gonna catch the odd fly :lol:

gninnam said:
Glad the van ran well and you both had a great time :mrgreen:

lemur said:
...Scotland's next (August) so I feel nearly confident for that one after this 700mile round trip.

Make sure you take plenty of mozzy repellent :msn4:

so I hear :( that said, I've also heard 'smidge' is the best repellent??

:D MOT passed this morning without advisories :D

(just a little adjustment to the the drivers side handbrake cable required whilst on the ramp)

Managed to make time for a week away in North Wales, lovely little village called Beddgelert, just at the bottom of Snowdon.
Campsite was fantastic with the sort of 'in the forest' vibe we both enjoy, facilities were top notch and the whole place was very clean and quiet.
Link to site; https://www.beddgelertcampsite.co.uk/

The village is about 1.5mile away from the site but there's a breathtakingly picturesque trail there via forest and farmland (all off road).
Once you arrive in the village you'll find all the things you'll need; 3 pubs, hotel, post office/shop, various eateries, craft shops and plenty of the charm you'd expect in the architecture/history.

We didn't take the bikes with us this trip but focused on hiking some of the many routes local to the area. We also took a day to visit 'Zip World' where we did a mile long zip slide! achieving speeds of 100mph+ it's a half day event if you have the package with the meal etc included and a 40 minute drive from Beddgelert :D

Let me know if you want more info on the site/village. We really liked it.

Few pics.

the village from above

zip slide

Spotted this panel in the village

Boringly nothing to report on the bus again. It works.
Next trip away July.. will report back :D :D :D

Latest posts