Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Andy , yes I did not even get as far as removing it so it's still in.
I do not see anything on M7 web site other than replacement ball joint ends.
I guess that's what will have to be done.

J & P

gas1man said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: M O T and No Advisories.

J & P
:D :D :D

Now, that’s just what we like. Well done you. I’m looking at getting stuck in myself now as I just can’t force myself down that garage when it’s too cold. I’ve got a list as long as your arm and getting longer. But if it stays cold, it’ll be just set the tappetts, clean up the points, change the oil and check the tyres.

Ozziedog ,,,,,,,,and cross my fingers :mrgreen:

Well done for the getting a clean bill of health.

I have a service to do but need the time and a bit of dry weather to coincide before I tackle it!

It was quite nerve racking this year as I noticed the examiner was a lot more thorough , compared
to last year. I have used them for 3 years now as they are of the older generation so understand vehicles
like ours and the brake machine is the flat pad type not rollers.
No complaints about the thoroughness , just wondering if he might find something I missed. :shock:

J & P

So MOT out the way it was time to start some of the inside bits and pieces.

So above is what the dash looked like , painted white by the PO ,not happy so finally got it together and removed
and add some bits and pieces etc.

You can't see much due to all the wiring but a intermittent wiper module from America from my son for my
birthday , some trim rings for Xmas and LED's to brighten things up. 2 new gauges to replace my Sunpro ones only
because I can't get on with Fahrenheit and changed it to Centigrade. :lol: :lol:

Finally some engine time also bling and new gauge to keep an eye on the oil pressure at the back.

Saturday afternoon and Sunday spent trying to figure out the wiring loom I purchased from Rayne Automotive.
Well, it is well made and it looks to be good quality. Unfortunately it does not come with instructions for the dumb.

So after an attempt to get Stuf to assist and installing over a weekend when nobody answers phones obviously. :roll:
I have worked it out , the instructions are clear but as I said not for the mentally challenged. :lol: :lol:

Removed my old loom and now just to put the head lights back in. From this photo is anyone able to tell me if these are sealed units or not? I don't know the difference. Fingers crossed for the next stage when the battery gets reconnected
and the fuses go back in. (Pippa definitely up front on connection looking for tell tale signs of smoke. :shock: :shock: )

Have a good week all.

J & P

Well finally all back in place and able to drive. :shock:
And then there was that thought that all would be fine. :?
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR NO not fine , as the dash lights are playing up .
However on the plus side the headlights and the new loom are working. :shock: :shock:
And that without smoke from under the dash. :lol: :lol:

Indicator lights not working. :evil: :evil: But on the plus side the hazards work when the ignition is off. :lol: :lol:

Got to get this carb tuned properly its coughing and spluttering again.

Have a good week in the sun.

J & P

The joys - hate electrics as never straightforward to fix issues - keep plugging away dude ;)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH :x :x :x :x :x

Oil light not working . To much oil now sorted. Led's , why did I bother.
More trouble than they are worth. Brights not working , indicators not working .
But HAZARDS working ??? Do you think it's trying to tell me something.????

Can not travel to Banbury with no oil light working :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope I can sort this soon. Bloody things.

J & P

Well all got sorted and the trip to Early Bay camp out was on. Yeah.
Friday morning arrived and after getting up with the lark and packing ,doing washing before leaving and all sorts of things
we left at 10h30 only to arrive 4 .5 hours later. All good and Boris ran like a dream. Bloody traffic was a nightmare, and not just for me quite a few suffered the same fate.

Awesome weekend with some incredible people. Nice to have someone join us for a spontaneous lunch and great to meet
Nick from CJ Motors who was kind enough to take 5 min and listen to my engine and advise me accordingly.
Apparently after all my fiddling Boris' engine sounds fairly good.
Met some amazing like minded ........ I did think about saying it. :lol: :lol:
Big thanks to Graham and Jenni for putting it all together again this year. Boris now proudly sporting 3 stickers in a row.

See you lot soon. Have a good week.

J & P

Got home at 5h30 this evening and fed Pippa and myself , sent her off to dancing and made a dash for the garage.
You see the silicone gaskets have finally arrived and because we would like to go out Sunday, I thought I would
put them in whilst the sun was still shining. The old cork ones have only been in for about 3 to 4 weeks ,
what a bugger to get them out, anyway all done lets hope the new ones bed in before I start him on Sunday.

Looks like it might be a good weekend. Have a good one.

J & P

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil:

One dead leisure battery.
Ordered new. More money. :cry:

J & P

Latest posts